admin

Drive Bender v2.6.0.0 released

15 posts in this topic

Release v2.6.0.0 release (2017-05-20)
[ b ] Folder repairing during a health check was not reporting errors correctly.
[ u ] Improved logging for balancing issues.
[ u ] Improved logging for folder issues across the pool.

Release v2.5.8.0 beta (2017-02-24)
[ u ] Major improvements in file balancing and (debug) logging.
[ b ] Large internal file operations could timeout (most notable when balancing large files).
[ b ] Folder cache scanning could hang under some conditions.
[ b ] Fixed a number of minor bugs related to worker thread tasks and queues.

Release v2.5.5.0 beta (2017-02-18)
[ u ] Much of the core has been updated to use our new code base.
[ b ] When restoring a pool, an empty pool could be created in addition to the restored pool.
[ b ] When an internal task is run, it is possible for that task to be flagged as finished before the task has completed (this happening multiple times can bring down the Drive Bender service).
[ b ] Fixed a number of processing issues with file validation.
[ b ] The Drive Bender Manager can display an incorrect file count value when the pool count is displayed.
[ b ] When uninstalling, one or more error messages can be displayed resulting in the uninstallation process failing.

Download here

CBers likes this

Just installed this release. A couple of issues...

1) The DriverUtility.exe is for the Cloud Extender driver, not the Drive Bender driver utility.

2) DB service did not start with WHS2011 server and server could not be seen on network. Had to go to the server and manually start the DB service and then the pool came up, still no access to server from the network, it said the server was down. Restarted again and this time everything came up as it should.

1 hour ago, w3wilkes said:

Just installed this release. A couple of issues...

1) The DriverUtility.exe is for the Cloud Extender driver, not the Drive Bender driver utility.

2) DB service did not start with WHS2011 server and server could not be seen on network. Had to go to the server and manually start the DB service and then the pool came up, still no access to server from the network, it said the server was down. Restarted again and this time everything came up as it should.

Thanks...
1) Yes, correct (whoops). I've updated the installer with the correct file.
2) Couldn't reproduce this... if anyone else has this issue, let me know.

Hey Anthony, I recall one of the last issues you were having with getting this out was for the Threat Locking issue... I'm curious...how did you end up resolving it?

When upgrading I got these two error messages. It seemed to upgrade without issue though. I ran the installer again after restarting and his Repair just to make sure all of the files were correctly upgraded. No error messages when running the repair.

Capture 3.JPG

Capture.JPG

Thanks for the new version. Installed on Windows 10 Pro with out issues. Worked on first reboot. Pool found w/o issues.

Bummer :(

I just installed it and it looked like all was well at first, but just like the issue I hd with 2.5, after a bit, the Drive Bender Manager stops responding, and the pool no longer becomes accessible. Trying to reboot the server just has it sit @ the shut down screen perpetually. I let it sit for about an hour hoping it would clear itself up, but it didnt. After reboot, same thing happened after about 30 minutes :( I'll try and get logs together.

Anthony, thanks for keeping the updates coming. Drivebender remains a fantastic piece of software, and I have had few problems over years of use with none of them being critical. Installed new version and so far so good!

CBers likes this

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:53 AM, nagetech said:

I just installed it and it looked like all was well at first, but just like the issue I hd with 2.5, after a bit, the Drive Bender Manager stops responding, and the pool no longer becomes accessible.

Be sure to include the OS information along with your logs and also include naming any other software the is disk access related.

uninstalled 2.5.0.0a

reboot

installed 2.6.0.0

reboot

everything is working fine on Win Server 2012R2 :)

Thanks!