Jump to content
Division-M Community

KiiskiDR

Members
  • Content Count

    1
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Ok, here's the skinny... I was running a 20TB Drivebender array. Windows 7 64bit, 8gb ram, Dual Processor Quad Core Xeon HP x8600 Workstation. A real beast of a machine. Two SATA and 1 SAS controller in this bad boy, with an 8 bay external enclosure and four internal bays, and room for the 2 other 5 bay esata enclosures, I was doing pretty good. Various SATA drive sizes, from 1TB Single drives, 2TB single drives, 2 2.25 TB 2.5" RAID boxes, and a solitary 4TB drive. One of the drives in the 2.5" raids was going bad, and when the power goes out (storms, I'm in the Midwest in a small town, power's not entirely reliable) they'd have difficulty coming back online so it was a pain in the rear after an outage. So I finally get a smart error off of one of the 2.5" drives in the arrays, and I decided to remove them. Well, the one that had the drive issues took a couple hours, and it was out. I had only added it a couple months back so there wasn't much on them to begin with. Then I removed the 2nd raid box and rebooted after it finished in a few hours. No big deal, right? Well... something happened. The 4TB GPT drive went bye bye, and windows 7 said it needed to be initialized... /sigh There goes all my data... In between the first and second arrays, I quick formatted the first one, and the second one hadn't been reformatted yet. So I figure I'd do a search for deleted files on the array I hadn't deleted yet and save myself some time and data. I used Handyrecovery because it's a rather simple reliable program that works well for me. I find a slew of the folders, but every file has a .TEMP.$DRIVEBENDER extension. I figure what the hell I can rename them... And I start restoring.... First I was doing it manually, then using advanced file renamer, but it was getting harder and harder to do it by batches after I got past the sequentially named files in the TV Series folder that I keep my copies of my tv recordings that have had the commercials removed and compressed using BTV and some other stuff... So I finally thought, there's GOT to be a better way to do this... And I came up with this: for /f "tokens=* delims= " %%a in ('dir /b /ad /s') do rename "%%a\*.TEMP.$DRIVEBENDER" "*." for /f "tokens=* delims= " %%a in ('dir /b /ad /s') do rename "%%a\*.TEMP" "*." If you copy that into a cmd file, the place THAT file in the root of the recovery folder that you put all the files and folders you get back, and run it, it will remove the *.TEMP.$DRIVEBENDER extension in every file in every folder below it. I copied my stuff into C:\Recovery and ran it, worked beautifully so I thought I'd share. So, word to the wise, enable duplication (Even though I had 12 TB of data and not enough to do it originally I'll be buying more drives from now on).
×
×
  • Create New...