Division-M Community
Sign in to follow this  
ilcmvvm

Drivebenderservice Constantly Accessing Drives

I have a test box with WHS 2011 installed and drive bender 1.2.1.0.  The system has 3 drives in the pool and so far everything is working ok.  This morning I noticed that the 3 drives that are in the pool are constantly being accessed every 2 seconds.  I launched process explorer and the drivebenderservice is making small io hits to all 3 drives every two seconds.  Is this normal?  I have one folder in the pool so far with about 500gb of data that I have it duplicating.  Nothing is showing up under drivebenders running tasks.  So far this morning, every time I check the test box the drives are being accessed by the service every two seconds.  Is anyone else seeing this?

I too am experiencing the disk i/o issue. I did notice that in resource monitor, some files being accessed were not duplicated files. If the i/o activity is indeed based on the health monitor for duplication, why are these files being accessed by DB? Has there been any progress on reducing the disk i/o for the health monitor?

Win7 x64

DB 1.2.1.2