Division-M Community
Sign in to follow this  
cge

[Resolved] W2012E and DB 1.9.0.0

Hi Anthony,

It seems that there is an issue with the latest release 1.9.0.0

WSS_ComputerBackupSvc service won't start automatically anymore on my machine after the upgrade, I think this is an issue related to the service dependencies, I remember that it was already fixed long time ago.

Regards

Christophe

I have installed v1.9.0.0 and running now for about 24hrs, in that time my computers have backup and even a skipped cleanup that did not run when I was having trouble with the other versions kicked in and cleanup the database. So no troubles for me.

Hi Anthony,

It seems that there is an issue with the latest release 1.9.0.0

WSS_ComputerBackupSvc service won't start automatically anymore on my machine after the upgrade, I think this is an issue related to the service dependencies, I remember that it was already fixed long time ago.

Regards

Christophe

What's the status on this? Did the problem go away by itself? Did you submit the requested logfiles and a ticket?

Thanks,

rev

Thanks, I believe I have seen this in the past that at first reboot after install some services would not come up. A  second reboot would return everything to normal.

I am still holding out with updating. The reports of people loosing their shares indicate there are still problems.

Curious question to those that lost shares when you came up on 1.9.0.0... Do you normally have shares that are both on the DB pool and also 1 or more shares on drives not in the DB pool? All my shares are in the DB pool and have come up just fine on reboots of my WHS2011 box. In another thread OJ88 has "lost" shares. He has shares on drives that are both on and off pool drives. The lost share in the DB pool are really still on drives in the pool, you just have to tell the dashboard to create the missing folder and then define the folder as being in the pool where it was  before it "went missing" and it should reappear and be populated as before. OJ88 says that he just "Creates the missing folder(s)" on each boot and they reappear.

Hi,

FYI, Anthony has fixed the issue where some Windows' services may crash on start up because the mount point was not available yet (Like Server/Client backup services)

Regards

Christophe