Division-M Community
Sign in to follow this  
hollidayjr

[Resolved] VHyperdrive4.sys Hangs on Shutdown/Restart

Drive bender works very well in all areas except when I shutdown or restart my server. Then the system halts with event viewer showing a "bug check" error code 1001 and creates a memory dump. When I debug the memory dump file it shows "vhyperdrive4.sys" as the faulting driver. I get no other errors or faults at any other time and the program works flawlessly- only when I restart or shutdown.

If I uninstall the drive bender software the bug check error goes away and computer restarts and shuts down normally. When I reinstall software the problem comes back the same.

Anyone else had this problem or seen these "bug check" errors??

Thanks for a terrific program.

I have just started getting random restarts on my Server 2012 box and was researching the cause and found that I too am getting blue-screen errors caused by this vhyperdrive4.sys. I am still on DB version 1.4.6.0 but when attempting to upgrade to any newer versions it is causing my server to not allow anyone to log in I even tried the whole uninstall reboot install method with no joy. Hope someone can figure out why the blue-screens are happening.

I submitted a ticket on the 19th, but have not received a reply yet. Has no one else noticed these bug check errors in event viewer after a restart??

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I have been investigating your specific issue.

Moved to support.