Division-M Community
Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

Beta v2.0.3.8

Release v2.0.3.8 beta (2014-04-06)
The landing zone can be filled causing the system to fail when writing new files to the pool.
Licensing has been re-enabled.
[a] Cascade balancing option has been added.
Adding/removing/swapping drive causing a corrupt drive list to appear in the manager.
[a] Add a warning when adding a networked drive to a pool containing no other physical drives.
Memory leak with SMART scanning.
Editing a pools attributes fails if the pool does not contain any drives.
Many interface bug fixes and tweaks.
When uninstalling, an error can be displayed causing the process to be aborted.

All beta versions can be downloaded from here.

How can i enable the landing zone feature without enabling balancing? I want to use an ssd to speed up file transfers into the pool, but i don't want the files on other disks being moved by drivebender after they are initially copied over (it messes up snapraid protection). Is it even possible at this point to do this?

Thank you,

fK

How can i enable the landing zone feature without enabling balancing? I want to use an ssd to speed up file transfers into the pool, but i don't want the files on other disks being moved by drivebender after they are initially copied over (it messes up snapraid protection). Is it even possible at this point to do this?

Thank you,

fK

You can do this, simply disable balancing in the options, and DB will only balance the landing zone drive. When balancing disabled, the current version uses the cascade balancing method on the landing zone... however we are looking at making this configurable.

You can do this, simply disable balancing in the options, and DB will only balance the landing zone drive. When balancing disabled, the current version uses the cascade balancing method on the landing zone... however we are looking at making this configurable.

Won't this mean that it will only move the files out of the landing zone and into the pool after the landing zone drive gets filled? That will probably mean that if you write more files before the data in the landing zone is cascaded out, then those extra files will be moved straight into the pool and avoid the landing zone altogether. This kinda defeats the landing zone idea. Or am i looking at this wrong? The cascade balancing mode mentioned in the changelog notes of this beta seems to imply this behaviour.

Thank you,

fK

Guest yongki

I Just want to inform you that, I have problem with the Drive Bender ER1 Windows 7's Theme and I use Windows 7 SP1. I get a text that lies at the bottom (running tasks,logs,real time monitor) get truncated.

Thankyou,

ys

Noticed an issue with 2.0.3.8

If you disable the balancing option checkbox, DB will revert to cascade mode regardless of setting it to even.

Basically with the box checked everything works normally and the change to even/cascade is saved. Unchecked it will always say cascade when applying either setting and returning to the menu.

So DB will use cascade mode by default to balance the drives as data is written to them. Even though I dont want DB to balance on a schedule, I still want to be able to select which mode new files are written to the drives.

Ed

Won't this mean that it will only move the files out of the landing zone and into the pool after the landing zone drive gets filled? That will probably mean that if you write more files before the data in the landing zone is cascaded out, then those extra files will be moved straight into the pool and avoid the landing zone altogether. This kinda defeats the landing zone idea. Or am i looking at this wrong? The cascade balancing mode mentioned in the changelog notes of this beta seems to imply this behaviour.

Thank you,

fK

No the landing zone gets clears based on the balancing interval (even if balancing is disabled). Is the landing zone does fill, files are written to another drive (as if the there were no landing zone).

I Just want to inform you that, I have problem with the Drive Bender ER1 Windows 7's Theme and I use Windows 7 SP1. I get a text that lies at the bottom (running tasks,logs,real time monitor) get truncated.

Thankyou,

ys

I know it is a bit late, however a screen shot would be very helpful.

Noticed an issue with 2.0.3.8

If you disable the balancing option checkbox, DB will revert to cascade mode regardless of setting it to even.

Basically with the box checked everything works normally and the change to even/cascade is saved. Unchecked it will always say cascade when applying either setting and returning to the menu.

So DB will use cascade mode by default to balance the drives as data is written to them. Even though I dont want DB to balance on a schedule, I still want to be able to select which mode new files are written to the drives.

Ed

Yes we are going to make this selectable under the balancing options.