Jump to content
Division-M Community
Anthony

Beta v2.0.4.0c

Recommended Posts

Release v2.0.4.0c beta (2014-05-21)

When checking for duplicates without primary files (using the tool under the duplication manager), excessive worker thread can be used.

During a pool repair, some duplicate files do not have their primary counter parts scanned.

Correct Unicode UNC access with mapped networked drives.

 

Release v2.0.4.0b beta (2014-05-20)

When creating a folder many levels deep, the operation can fail.

 

All beta versions can be downloaded from here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still have the issue where my music is reporting incorrectly using 2.0.4.0c. Primary is showing 49GB, Duplicate showing 121GB. The duplicate number is the correct number for the amount of music I have. Windows explorer shows 121GB so all the primary file are present and accounted for.

 

One other little nit. I have time set to display the 24 hour click, example this is 21:17, but when viewing the time the scheduled tasks run in realtime monitor it shows a 12 hour clock example 9:17PM. Time should be displayed using the Windows time display setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still have the issue where my music is reporting incorrectly using 2.0.4.0c. Primary is showing 49GB, Duplicate showing 121GB. The duplicate number is the correct number for the amount of music I have. Windows explorer shows 121GB so all the primary file are present and accounted for.

 

One other little nit. I have time set to display the 24 hour click, example this is 21:17, but when viewing the time the scheduled tasks run in realtime monitor it shows a 12 hour clock example 9:17PM. Time should be displayed using the Windows time display setting.

 

Can you run a health check so DB can audit the files, It may well be the file count may be out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've manually run a Health check with no change. Primary still shows 49GB Music and Duplicate still shows 121GB music (the 121GB is correct).

 

With a little further investigation it appears that what's happening is that all drives are not being scanned for Primary file types. It appears that volume DB1 has 49GB of primary files (this is the size shown in the pie chart for my Primary music files) with the other 72GB of primary music files being on volume DB2. Volume DB3 appears to have all 121GB of the duplicate files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a problem with the latest beta with the EA Software Origin.

It seems like Origin has absolutely no permission to write to the download folder.

Drive Bender log shows "set security request failed"

DriveBenderLog-Screenshot

 

Origindata: 

Logfile

Screenshot

 

I had the issue before with an earlier beta version. I tried a lot of things. When I reverted back to 1.9.5.0 everything was working just fine.

The security permission in windows didn't change.

Will know Install version 1.9.5.0 again.

 

let me know if I can provide more info or log files

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've manually run a Health check with no change. Primary still shows 49GB Music and Duplicate still shows 121GB music (the 121GB is correct).

 

With a little further investigation it appears that what's happening is that all drives are not being scanned for Primary file types. It appears that volume DB1 has 49GB of primary files (this is the size shown in the pie chart for my Primary music files) with the other 72GB of primary music files being on volume DB2. Volume DB3 appears to have all 121GB of the duplicate files.

 

Hmmm... very strange. What version did you first notice this?

 

Got some messages in the system logs with v2.0.4.3 about services not running or installed, that I haven't seen previous:

 

Capture880.jpg

 

Log file here.

 

This is normal.

 

I have a problem with the latest beta with the EA Software Origin.

It seems like Origin has absolutely no permission to write to the download folder.

Drive Bender log shows "set security request failed"

DriveBenderLog-Screenshot

 

Origindata: 

Logfile

Screenshot

 

I had the issue before with an earlier beta version. I tried a lot of things. When I reverted back to 1.9.5.0 everything was working just fine.

The security permission in windows didn't change.

Will know Install version 1.9.5.0 again.

 

let me know if I can provide more info or log files

 

Can you please contact support via http://support.drivebender.com, and we'll investigate further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With 2.0.4.0 I noticed the problem where DB was reporting a large number for the "Non Pool used:" which I reported and was attributed to the Health checker not running, didn't notice what Music said at that time. 2.0.4.0a when Health checker was running is when I noticed and reported the Music size reporting error. It may have been in error earlier, but sadly I didn't notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...