Division-M Community
Requiem

Wait before sending "drive offline notifications"

Hi,

i have an external USB3.0-Case with serveral harddisks and I have a UNC-drives-only-pool with Drive Bender 2.1.0.5, works like a charm.

But after resume from standby it sometimes takes some seconds to come up for both pools and drive bender will annoy me with notifications about a drive being offline and a few seconds later with the drive being online again.

Might we have an option to "wait x seconds before generating a warning when drive offline"-option? This would allow me to leave notifications be turned on but only be notified when there's really something wrong.

Thanks!

I just ran into something similar. I've partioned a 4TB HD into two 2TB partions (I run WHS 2011) and for some reason the second partion took too much time to become online, so DB complained about 1 HD not being available and put the pool in read-only-mode (could not be the HD itself, because the first partition was available). One second later everything was nice again. So I think some kind of threshold could do no harm :) .

Greetings

Tobias

Did you put both partitions in the pool? If so, why didn't you just format as a 4 TB GPT partition rather than 2 2 TB MBR partitions? With 2 partitions on the same drive you could have issues with a drive failure on that drive, like lose both primary and duplicate of files.

Hi w3wilkes,

sure, both partitions are in the pool. I choosed that way because I still hope for DB to support VSS, which is limited to 2TB :-\ .

Ahm... if I understand you correctly, DB does not recognise that 2 partitions are on the same physical drive? You are 100 % sure about that?

Can't answer for sure whether DB detects multiple partitions on the same drive or not. You could always open a ticket and ask. You could test by just putting that drive in the pool with both partitions and then write a duplicated file to the pool. Seems like if DB was paying attention it would tell you that there wasn't much point to duplication with both partitions on the same physical drive.