Division-M Community
Tourniquet

Missing files!!!!!!

I really got the feeling that DB v2. isn't as stable as it used to be.

Today i wanted to swap a drive with a new one, after it finished (but im note 100% sure) - a couple of hours later, the Drive Bender Manager couldn't connect to the service anymore. But i saw in the background a 'finished' window, so i guess it was finished.

Anyway. After that also needed to remove another drive from the pool which failed with an exception. But after it, the drive wasn't in the pool anymore. Now after looking around there are still a lot of primary files on that drive, which are missing now in the pool.

What do i do now? Do i need to repair the pool? To i need to add the drive manually back?

DB is already reduplicating files.

Any ideas?

Ugh, so we don't know if this is one or two failures in a row. My intuition tells me to run the repair. But make sure not to wipe the other drives yet in case you need to recover anything from them. You make also wait for a second opinion or submit a ticket. Out of curiosity, what version was this?

After looking at the swap drive again, there are too primary files which aren't in the pool anymore. :(

The thing about the pool repair is, it can't repair files which aren't there anymore. I also had a couple of files which weren't duplicated. So those files wouldn't be recovered by this.

Yes i already submited a ticked.

V2.1.5.0

This version takes a huge amount of memory ~ 900MB the service alone.

What happens when i copy create a 'FOLDER.DUPLICATE.$DRIVEBENDER' in the pool itself? I ask because i maybe should try to move all things from the other drives to the pool before i start the pool repair thing. But then i'd have more than one duplicate of somefiles.

Mhh i should have gone back to v 1.9.5.0 when i first thought there was something fishy about that version =/ damn!

I've also had some grief with DB at the 2.1.5.0 & 2.1.7.0 versions. Client Computer Backup failures on my WHS2011 server which resulted in Client computer backup database corruption. I've now gone back to 1.9.5.0 and started from scratch with backups for my client PC's. I also have a ticket open on this, but I really wasn't able to give much in the way of detail.

A quick update on my status. On 1.9.5.0 and my Client Computer Backups folder not in the DB pool I'm still getting backup failures. I've gone into the Windows Event Viewer (doh, should have looked here before now) and it shows the connection to my WHS box dropping and failing a reconnect and then the backup is terminated. With this happening on 3 different DB versions and since I moved the Client Backup Folder out of the pool I'm thinking that what I'm really seeing is a dying router rather than any problem with DB.