Division-M Community
rtkachuk

Option to keep folder contents together on one drive

+1 +1 +1.

I came to the forums to request this exact thing, however see its already hotly desired.

If I had a simple option to keep a folder on a certain drive, all my constantly used files such as current downloads/libraries with automatic meta data updates/caches/etc would not keep other drives (storing movies, seldom used) active all the time.

For now I will either add a seperate drive to handle this, but I do so unwillingly as having a nice pretty single volume is far superior to multiple letters/folders/etc.

Just came here to request exactly this.

Also, please consider treating this as a balancing mode, so that we could now re-balance the files already present in the arrays according to this (or provide a functionally equivalent way of re-spreading the current files on the array to gather the files in leaf folders together).

Thanks,

fK

For me this is also the one feature that is keeping me form selecting Drive Bender over Drivepool or FlexRaid.

At least DrivePool allows you to do this through a manual work-around: just copy the files you want to keep together to drivepool folder on one physical drive.

I tried doing the above trick with Drive Bender, but this does not seem to work. Everything seems to go OK at first, the files you copy manually to a physical disk also appear in the pool, but the free size of the pool is not updated. After a reboot the free size is updated, but the files are no longer visible in the pool (only in the Drive Bender folder on the physical disk).

Please integrate this feature soon, I would prefer to buy Drive Bender over the other two solutions as it offers more functionality then DrivePool and it is cheaper then FlexRaid.

Any further update to this?  It's one feature I'd love to keep any vritual machines together, other crashplan backup files, so in the event of a pool or drive failure I know they're in one place rather than distributed around.