Division-M Community
Sign in to follow this  
Raven

Adding drive to a pool

Hi all,

I just started using / trying Drivebender but already have a problem. I created a new pool and then I added the 1st drive, but the app is saying for over an hour now that it's still adding the drive. However I do not see or hear any activity. When I check activity monitor I also see nothing happening just the average 1 -2 %.

The thing is I tried to create a pool this morning but I received an error message at the end, but adding the drive went much faster then it's going now. I already reinstalled drive bender and restarted the whole proces but the issue remains.

Is there something wrong or do I just need to be more patient?

Ditto on this..same issue. Ran all night long and now the drive shows up in the pool with a red x. 

**Update** Status Column reads "pooled drive-pending drive add".  I had to close out of dashboard and reopen to get to this point.  Also, looked in the system log and the last message says "drive node added successfully".

Any ideas?

** Update #2 ***

I uninstalled and reinstalled DB directly from the server.  When I did, the original drive that I added, showed up in the DB pool.  THEN, I added a 2nd drive to the pool (this was all done directly from the server, i.e. monitor, mouse & keyboard plugged in to server).  The drive-add completed in seconds!  I was using the dashboard, SOOO....it sounds like there may be an issue with adding drives using the WHS 2011 dashboard remotely?

Had this issue too.. then all sorts of other problems, loss of serverfolders after adding D drive and another drive into a new pool... ended up removing app completely.. tbh, im suprised this is out of beta if people are running into problems on first use!... 

If you are using WHS it is best to RDP to the server and configure that way. I did it that way and have not had an issue. I also copied my server folders over to the pool, the dashboard then said it was missing, and I right clicked on each folder and pointed the dashboard to the new location.

same problems for me.... I used Convert & Merge and both operations left me with orphaned folders/data.... I had to manually recreate shares in the dashboard.  Luckily no data was lost, but I have two full external backups anyway.

This product is still Beta IMO. I don't care about the $20 I paid, but I do care about my data.

This product is still Beta IMO

I agree.. When I first used it, adding a blank disk to the pool, wasnt instant.. after 15 minute I thought soemthing isnt working right, so rebooted PC, which seemed to sort it out...

I tried to manually recreate the serverfolds on the new pool, but was getting errors...  I have uninstalled DB, and now have folders left behind on the two disks I cant remove, prob need to unlock and force delete them.

Not a great first experience of this app..luckily as it was a new build, no data was at risk, but nontheless, not as straightforward as Id hoped...

I would have expected DB to be able to manage the relocation of the serverfolders, or at least advise me that I may need to manually move them, although, I couldnt even do that!  If I try again, im going to move these folders first to the C drive, then add D & E to a pool, then move them back.. However, due to these initial problems, Im reluctant to use it on any disks contianing my data!

Not a great start IMO....