Division-M Community
Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

Beta v1.2.3.5 (beta 2 of the Tomcat release)

Release v1.2.3.5 beta (2012-01-14)

- Bug fix: The pool could lockup under certain conditions (issue is caused by the named (alternate) stream support previously introduced, as a result this has been removed for the time being).

- Bug fix: BSOD could occur on systems running MSE.

- Update: The health monitor has been improved and now sleeps after each scan (currently this sleep time is 96 hours).

- Update: The pool file count meta-data is now persisted across reboots.

- Update: Client / server security has been introduced. This feature uses the Windows authentication system.

- Update: Client / server networking is now fully encrypted using AES.

- Update: Folder time stamping has been improved and now works as per the NTFS spec.

Download the Windows version

Download the WHS version

Download the client version

Important notes regarding this beta.

1) To install on a system running v1.2.2.2 (or earlier), simply install over the top of the existing installation.

2) If you experience an issues with this beta and wish to go back to v1.2.2.2, you are able to install v1.2.2.2 straight over the top of this beta.

Hi,

very slow performance when copying many files(filesize 20Mb, around 300pcs) to the pool, not acceptable.

Revert to version 1.2.2.2

/proper88

Edit: slow performance means:

20 files normal speed 80MB/s, than slow down to 1Mb/s, after a while high normal speed again and so on

look like some cache memory is full, ..

Thanks for this beta - I've been having issues for about a week now and have ruled it down to one of two things - alternate streams was one of them. Hope this fixes it!

If not the solution I'll submit a ticket as I'll be out of options...

EDIT: My problem with the pool freezing is solved by this beta :)

I can echo that performance is a problem - I'm also seeing a ~30% increase in copy times to the pool depending on file sizes

Also noticed minor issue with the DriveBender Manager UI in that the right column text blocks are not dynamically resized with the rest of the column (see attached screencap) - just a minor irritation.

post-2089-138978188916_thumb.jpg

Hurray!  and Thanks for this one!  When I tried to copy the new versions to my WHS, it hung several times, requiring a restart each time.  I finally put it on a thumb drive, installed it from there, and the system seems stable.  It didn't even hang when I copied the new files to the server share!  ;D

yup,

previous beta locked up the WHS 2011 server Last night. Which meant no music, no backups, and no alarm clock this morning. An odd side-effect was that the PC backup files worked OK (I was able to retrieve a couple of files from Previous backups for testing purposes) but the PC backup configuration was lost. Backups work OK at the moment though.

Cheers,

Allan H

To check in, things have been much better with this beta. I removed a drive, and that went well.

The only issue Ive had (not so such its related to the beta) is that when I added a drive, the pool went into read only. I enabled security, and it was still read only. I rebooted and it went back to normal. Not sure what the issue was, but that was my exp.

Thumbs up!