Division-M Community
Sign in to follow this  
esac

RAID0 performance

It all depends on what you want to have duplicated in your array. And how many drives do you want to use for the array as different Raid array use the drives number of drives.

Raid 0 Stripping disk array  2 drive required

Raid 1 mirroring- or shadowing array  2 drive required

Raid 0+1

and all the way up to a raid 50 to 60

Here is an example how i do it on my 2008 r2 server I use a raid 10 4 disk that use a Mirror and data stripping give you the best of raid 1 and raid 0

here a link to look up the different raid arrays. might help you decide which is right for your application.

http://www.chicago-data-recovery.com/raid-levels.php

It all depends on what you want to have duplicated in your array. And how many drives do you want to use for the array as different Raid array use the drives number of drives.

Raid 0 Stripping disk array  2 drive required

Raid 1 mirroring- or shadowing array  2 drive required

Raid 0+1

and all the way up to a raid 50 to 60

Here is an example how i do it on my 2008 r2 server I use a raid 10 4 disk that use a Mirror and data stripping give you the best of raid 1 and raid 0

here a link to look up the different raid arrays. might help you decide which is right for your application.

http://www.chicago-data-recovery.com/raid-levels.php

Thanks, but I already know what RAID is and all of the various levels. What I am asking for is that when you have files duplicated between 2 drives, DriveBender has an underlying mechanism to read those files. If a read comes in for a file on DriveA, DriveBender can immediately read the next block off DriveB and store it in memory so that the data is immediately available in anticipation of that next read. Granted, that read may not come, but it would be as simple as flushing that cache based on age or maximum memory.

DB already has this feature, it is currently disabled. There are a couple of pitfalls with doing this, we are working through these and may enable this for the next release.

Thanks, would love to see this enabled!