Division-M Community
Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

Beta v1.2.4.5 (beta 3 of the Tomcat release)

Hey there, i've got a major problem -.-'

Today i exchanged two (non-pool related [one removed from the pool]) drives from my 'Media-Server'.

After i powered the computer back on, windows on everytime when the drivebender services starts. Because i had problems in the past i set the drive bender service to start *later* to get the change to stop it.

But i can't even move the mouse pointer or something.

When i start in safe mode and deactive the drive bender service, everything is fine again....but now i don't have access to my pools anymore :(

I had the problem with the *stable* release, and updatet da couple of mins ago to the beta, but there i got the same error.

All errors were caused by 'fileinfo.sys'

hi,

big files means 24GB, copy into the pool's stops about 3%, then pool disappears.

mainboard is ASRock E350M1, A50M with 4GB ram and WHS 2011.

Wow, 24GB.  Is that a database file or something?  I don't have anything that big to test with.  Biggest I have are VOB files.  :(

Just wanted to check in and say that I was confirm the same NFS issues as generious did earlier, but Im on WHS 2011.

Evertything else seems to be going ok (but I have yet to copy any new bd iso's to my pool)

Thanks for the work and adding NFS!

Has something changed withthe latest beta? I can not move the original WHS2011 folders to the pooled drive. It is coming up with an unexpected error. Like it used to do from the earlier drive bender versions. I know the move folders option was working before in some of the other versions. Has anyone tried this? thanks

@bobwaw, How weird! After reading your post I went to verify on my WHS2011 box. I keep a folder outside the DB pool for just such testing and I was able to move it to the pool with no trouble. Also moved it back out of the pool with no trouble. You should probably open a ticket http://support.drivebender.com/home and report the specifics.

Hey there, i've got a major problem -.-'

Today i exchanged two (non-pool related [one removed from the pool]) drives from my 'Media-Server'.

After i powered the computer back on, windows on everytime when the drivebender services starts. Because i had problems in the past i set the drive bender service to start *later* to get the change to stop it.

But i can't even move the mouse pointer or something.

When i start in safe mode and deactive the drive bender service, everything is fine again....but now i don't have access to my pools anymore :(

I had the problem with the *stable* release, and updatet da couple of mins ago to the beta, but there i got the same error.

All errors were caused by 'fileinfo.sys'

fileinfo.sys is not  DB file. Can you contact support so I can be a hold of the BSOD dump file?

I routinely move files as large as 50 gig from an uncontrolled drive to the pool with no trouble (except it seems to take a long time.)  I use the Windows Explorer to do the moves.  The only time there has been a hiccough has been when a drive was trying to fail.  I offer this only to show that, some places, it does work.  I have been running the Tomcat beta since about 8 hours after it came available, and the only reboot has been produced by WHS maintenance.

Rebuilt a new server after my Previous WHS 2011/Drive bender hardware failed. First installed 1.2.2.2 and created pool, but could not move the standard folders to the pool. I upgraded to 1.2.4.5 and move folders worked just fine. Good Timing!

24GB are bluray iso images.

you can join the *.vob files with copy /b part1.vob + part2.vob + part3.vob to one big vob file the test my problem

I copied a 22GB file both to and from my pool and had no problems.  I did notice DB consuming >20% CPU on my Q9300 during the copy process.  Is that normal?

I had an interesting thing happen last night - one of my new 3TB drives Went Away, and an unpooled 2TB drive joined it.  Moving the drives and rebooting did nothing good.

Finally, I remembered a couple of months ago using the motherboard SATA ports for things other than the C: drive.  I had a port mux available, so I moved the drives from the motherboard to a port mux connection, fired the machine back up and it's all good again.

It seems like the motherboard SATA ports were not all I might have wished - it seems to work just find for the C: drive, but gets flaky when I put a big load on it (like copying a couple of terabytes of new stuff from my NewsBin drive to the pool.)

I don't know that this constitutes a Universal Truth, but from now on I intend to avoid using the motherboard ports for anything other than O/S purposes.

I've been running 1.2.4.5 on WHS 2011  for about a week now without problem.  Today I installed a number of windows updates (KB2467173, KB2528583, and a Silverlight update 4.0.60831.0)

After the reboot to finish installing these updates the Drive Bender service is stuck in a 'starting' state and obviously my pool is unavailable.  I have tried uninstalling KB2467173, but not KB2528583 (a SQL 2008 service pack), or the Silverlight update.  No dice.

What do you think I should do?

I seem to be having an issue with security. I have it disabled and have even rebooted to verify its disabled.

The issue Im having is that I cant delete a folder, that has sub-folders with data in it when in the pool. WHS 2011 says it doesnt have permission.

For example I have a folder named "music" with sub folders "rock" and "rap".  Rock and rap each have a mp3 in it. If I try to delete "music", it wont let me saying I dont have permission. However, I am allowed to delete "rock" and "rap" individually, and then go and delete the now empty "music" folder.

This has been an issue since I went to the beta, but havent really had the time to tinker. Anyone else have this issue/verify?

Just installed this beta and currently every file in my whole pool is now being renamed with a (1) and I see them twice in every folder. Before the update (over the top) to this beta I had my pool duplicated. In System Notifications I see thousands of "A file has been found that appears on one or more drive in the pool. As a result the file has been rename from..."

Looking in Running transactions and tasks for some reason it is running a duplicating files task which seeing as I had duplication already set at the top level of my pool everything should of already been duplicated.

Also I have just noticed that my free space is actually increasing.

Going to leave it running while at work and see what state it is in when I get home.

EDIT:

Sorted this. There was rogue entries in the registry that related to nonexistent disks. These got added to my pool as a disk and where found to be duplicates. Once removed the rogue entry from the registry the "duplicates" disappeared.