Division-M Community
Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

Beta v1.2.5.0 (beta 4 of the Tomcat release)

This is the froth and final beta of the Tomcat release. We are looking at Tomcat going gold in late March... with a couple of added surprises  ;)

Release v1.2.5.0 beta (2012-03-09)

- Bug fix: During an upgrade from v1.2.x, it is possible that a drive could be added to the pool more than once.

- Update: Check disk feature is now available to volumes.

- Bug fix: An exception can occur during drive removal causing the final process (pool validation check) to be aborted.

- Bug fix: A number of minor file balancing issues including file count tracking.

- Update: Improved handling of queued tasks.

- Bug fix: Under certain conditions the driver can deadlock.

- Update: File read / write performance improvements.

- Update: Drive Bender licenses can now be deactivated.

- Update: License manually activation is now supported.

Download the Windows version

Download the WHS version

Download the client version

If you are running the beta license, you will need to update the license to

ENR40-E0C00-G1HJK-M8P91-1Q1QF-3QMXW-BH6CVBBWH

This expires at the end of April.

Important notes regarding this beta.

1) To install on a system running v1.2.2.2 (or earlier), simply install over the top of the existing installation.

2) If you experience an issues with this beta and wish to go back to v1.2.2.2, you are able to install v1.2.2.2 straight over the top of this beta.

How is performance compared to the last beta?

What do you exactly mean? I have been streaming music and movies all day without any problems. Been downloading stuff directly to the pool, no problem. But then again, I never had problems with drivebender. All I know is that it's been working all day without a reset.

How is performance compared to the last beta?

What do you exactly mean? I have been streaming music and movies all day without any problems. Been downloading stuff directly to the pool, no problem. But then again, I never had problems with drivebender. All I know is that it's been working all day without a reset.

Because part of the changelog says increased read/write performance.  So was wondering what the increase was as I've switched to another product in the meantime that is at least 4 times faster then drivebender was for me when I tried it with the 1.2.4.5 beta.

Because part of the changelog says increased read/write performance.  So was wondering what the increase was as I've switched to another product in the meantime that is at least 4 times faster then drivebender was for me when I tried it with the 1.2.4.5 beta.

Which product ??

Hi, new here. I bought DB but haven't installed yet on WHS 2011, just sort of lurking and waiting for 1.3. I'm thinking of installing 1.2.5.0. I see the latest is an exe, not an msi. No problem, right? I don't need a previous version installed and registered, do I?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi, new here. I bought DB but haven't installed yet on WHS 2011, just sort of lurking and waiting for 1.3. I'm thinking of installing 1.2.5.0. I see the latest is an exe, not an msi. No problem, right? I don't need a previous version installed and registered, do I?

Thanks,

Tom

The second link in the OP is for WHS2011 and is a msi file.

I installed the release then the beta on top of it. You should be able to just install the beta. 30 day free trial applies.

good luck!

is there a beta key for this? DB went crazy because old beta key is not working! It's mounting and unmounting storage all the time.

Edit: got it working after couple of boots. Don't know why it didn't accept the key after first boot.

Well, I picked up 1.2.5.0 yesterday and put it up - we're past 24 hours and absolutely nothing has happened.  Performance may be up a bit - I don't watch that all that closely, but it came in, installed and ran and gave me no backchat.

I like it like that.

Thanks so much for adding the CHKDSK feature but I'm not sure it works correctly, as the whole process from drive mount, running CHKDSK, and unmout takes only a few seconds at most.  ...  or have I got something wrong?

Same performance problems in all betas, can not copy big files (10-25GB) to pool. pool disapears and come up again.

How, and where from, are you copying the files ??

I have just tested by copying a 23.6Gb file from a local non-DB drive to the pool without issue.

Took about 4.5 minutes at ~95MB/s.

That was with Music (mp3's) streaming from the pool on another PC and a screen-saver accessing photos from the pool playing.

Possibly a WHS 2011 limitation ??

Just deleted it as well, instantly.

Do you have duplication on the destination folder ??

Not sure what to say proper8.

I'll try a large file copy tomorrow via the network.

Have you raised a Support Ticket ??

Copied the same 23.6Gb file onto another PC and then copied it back.

No issues either way, and around 75MB/s.

I decided to try 1.2.5.0 to see if it was any better for me.  However, doing a clean install of 1.2.5.0 causes my WHS 2011 box to reboot as soon as it hits the ctrl - alt - del screen.  If I boot into safe mode and use the utility to uninstall the driver the box boots as normal.

If I  install 1.2.2.2 and then upgrade to 1.2.5.0 the reboot thing doesn't happen.

So, just in case I changed something that 1.2.5.0 doesn't like when doing a clean install I decided to reinstall WHS 2011 fresh, however the reboot thing still happens if 1.2.5.0 is installed clean rather then after a previous version of drivebender.