Division-M Community
Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

Beta v1.2.5.0 (beta 4 of the Tomcat release)

Same performance problems in all betas, can not copy big files (10-25GB) to pool. pool disapears and come up again.

Hi proper88,

Can you please try the following. Open regedit, head to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Division-M\Drive Bender", create a new DWORD value called "Driver Cache" and set it to "0"... then reboot. This might sort out this issue.

I decided to try 1.2.5.0 to see if it was any better for me.  However, doing a clean install of 1.2.5.0 causes my WHS 2011 box to reboot as soon as it hits the ctrl - alt - del screen.  If I boot into safe mode and use the utility to uninstall the driver the box boots as normal.

If I  install 1.2.2.2 and then upgrade to 1.2.5.0 the reboot thing doesn't happen.

So, just in case I changed something that 1.2.5.0 doesn't like when doing a clean install I decided to reinstall WHS 2011 fresh, however the reboot thing still happens if 1.2.5.0 is installed clean rather then after a previous version of drivebender.

Hi Flak,

When you say you installed v1.2.2.2, then upgraded... did you install 1222 over the 1250 install (ie after uninstalling the DB driver in safe mode)? If so would it be possible to get the minidump files from the BSOD. These are located in C:\Windows\Minidump please send the latest one to support (http://support.drivebender.com).

Hi Flak,

When you say you installed v1.2.2.2, then upgraded... did you install 1222 over the 1250 install (ie after uninstalling the DB driver in safe mode)? If so would it be possible to get the minidump files from the BSOD. These are located in C:\Windows\Minidump please send the latest one to support (http://support.drivebender.com).

No, I never tried installing 1222 over 1250.  One of the ways I tried was 1250 on top of 1222, which worked.  But a clean install of 1250 is where I ran into problems...  Even on a clean install of WHS 2011.  And it wasn't BSODing, after the install of 1250 it said I needed to reboot the server.  So I did, the server never recovered from this initial reboot it just got stuck in a boot loop.  I was able to get it into safe mode and uninstall drivebender.  But since it wasn't a bsod there were no logs to send to anyone.

Installed under Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise, all Microsoft patches are up-to-date.

I can't write to a networked mount point (Same with 1.2.2.2). The error I'm getting is "access denied".

Has anyone else seen this problem?

As long as SP1 is installed and you run the latest version should be OK. Been running DB on 2008 R2 from the get go. All is good.

All Microsoft patches does include SP1 for me  ;).

Are you using a drive letter? That works for me too, but not the networked mount point. Fails on two Enterprise Servers I tested this on.

Hi Thesmith,

!!! your hint is working !!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><

Open regedit, head to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Division-M\Drive Bender", create a new DWORD value called "Driver Cache" and set it to "0".

/proper88

Installed under Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise, all Microsoft patches are up-to-date.

I can't write to a networked mount point (Same with 1.2.2.2). The error I'm getting is "access denied".

Has anyone else seen this problem?

This is known issue under Win2008R2... it has been sorted for the release.

Hi Thesmith,

!!! your hint is working !!!!

Open regedit, head to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Division-M\Drive Bender", create a new DWORD value called "Driver Cache" and set it to "0".

/proper88

Excellent... this setting will be disabled by default in the release.

Hi,

When can we expect Tomcat "Gold" to be available for download? 

Thanks,

It is close to being ready, we are working through some usability issues and doing a bunch of testing, however we are close.

See the attachment for a sneak peak at then new interface. The WHS interface addin interface is similar (although there is an option to switch back to the traditional interface).

317_.jpeg

Nice new interface! Look forward to it

I know there's about <10 of us that care, but will the NFS bug be fixed for the final edition?

I would like to say yes, but it will be time dependent as I don't want to hold up the release.

Nice new interface! Look forward to it

I know there's about <10 of us that care, but will the NFS bug be fixed for the final edition?

I would like to say yes, but it will be time dependent as I don't want to hold up the release.

Thanks for the update. I remember you saying that before, but just hadnt heard any mention since.

Keep up the good work!

I've got one question: Why can't i remove a 1,82 TB Drive when i've got 2,01 TB free in my pool?

I know its not much, but it should be enough to remove my drive.

We are looking at the way this is calculated. The issue is how the files are distributed throughout the pool.

Do you have any files duplicated?

Hey Anthony,

I brought this issue up in one of the other betas, but when I use my newsgroups to download files, individual folders are written for each download via the program. Once the download is completed, the program moves the files to the main folder and deletes the "pieces" per say. Ever since the beta, these "pieces" folders have been emptied, but locked as well and unable to be deleted. I dont have security enabled in DB and the log shows some folder requests fails.

Screenshot is attached. This has to be something with the beta and the new security settings? Can you help?

post-147-138978188935_thumb.jpg

Hey Anthony,

I brought this issue up in one of the other betas, but when I use my newsgroups to download files, individual folders are written for each download via the program. Once the download is completed, the program moves the files to the main folder and deletes the "pieces" per say. Ever since the beta, these "pieces" folders have been emptied, but locked as well and unable to be deleted. I dont have security enabled in DB and the log shows some folder requests fails.

Screenshot is attached. This has to be something with the beta and the new security settings? Can you help?

We have had this reported by another user and are keen to get it sorted (we cannot reproduce here). When this happens again, can you please send the DB log files to support?

Is development stopping on this project because of Windows 8 drive pooling announcements? Releases have basically stopped for the last month. I paid for this software because it works great, and I am still happy with my purchase, but I'd like to know if there will be support going forward.

Thanks,

Josh

I do not believe that development for DB is stopping. I do believe we are close to seeing the 1.3 release of Tomcat. After looking into the Windows 8 Storage Spaces and how it works I believe I'd stay with the DB product. I do not know if DB intends to support their product on Win8, but I would guess that they will.