Division-M Community
Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

Beta v1.2.5.0 (beta 4 of the Tomcat release)

I had the problem where I couldn't delete any files since upgrading to 1.2.5.0.  My Media Center archiving service stopped working also.  I installed the hotfix from Microsoft to fix the Update Rollup 2 "computer monitoring error" - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2686857.  Now I can delete files fine and the archiving service is working.

Could that hotfix have any relation to fixing my DB deleting issue?

Is development stopping on this project because of Windows 8 drive pooling announcements? Releases have basically stopped for the last month. I paid for this software because it works great, and I am still happy with my purchase, but I'd like to know if there will be support going forward.

Thanks,

Josh

Development is moving forward as planned. Win 8 did force us to rethink a few things regarding our direction (and hence the release schedules we had planned), but rest assured we are 100% committed. In fact we have v2 being developed in parallel with v1.3.

As far as a release date is concerned... I can tell you v1.3 will be here in about a week (between you and me it is set for 23rd... but don't tell anyone :-). As for v2, it will be here before Q3.

I had the problem where I couldn't delete any files since upgrading to 1.2.5.0.  My Media Center archiving service stopped working also.  I installed the hotfix from Microsoft to fix the Update Rollup 2 "computer monitoring error" - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2686857.  Now I can delete files fine and the archiving service is working.

Could that hotfix have any relation to fixing my DB deleting issue?

Hmm all a little odd, I will need to investigate. However I will be glad to see the end of that $%^& monitoring error!

Hey Anthony,

I brought this issue up in one of the other betas, but when I use my newsgroups to download files, individual folders are written for each download via the program. Once the download is completed, the program moves the files to the main folder and deletes the "pieces" per say. Ever since the beta, these "pieces" folders have been emptied, but locked as well and unable to be deleted. I dont have security enabled in DB and the log shows some folder requests fails.

Screenshot is attached. This has to be something with the beta and the new security settings? Can you help?

Seeing the exact same problem with 1.2.5.0

drivebender.jpg

Hey Anthony,

I brought this issue up in one of the other betas, but when I use my newsgroups to download files, individual folders are written for each download via the program. Once the download is completed, the program moves the files to the main folder and deletes the "pieces" per say. Ever since the beta, these "pieces" folders have been emptied, but locked as well and unable to be deleted. I dont have security enabled in DB and the log shows some folder requests fails.

Screenshot is attached. This has to be something with the beta and the new security settings? Can you help?

Are the folders that are created by this new group app, duplicated?

If you are running the beta license, you will need to update the license to

ENR40-E0C00-G1HJK-M8P91-1Q1QF-3QMXW-BH6CVBBWH

This expires at the end of April.

I'll be able to use my old license (or am eligible to obtain a new one) in the final release or will there be an update fee?

After running 1.2.2.2 on WHS2011 without issue for months I decided to try 1.2.5.0.  Server backups have failed ever since the upgrade to 1.2.5.0 but worked flawlessly before.  I am backing up to an external USB drive.  I googled the error code and found a reference to VSS and enabled it (it was off and set to manual).  That didn't fix the backup problem so I decided to revert to 1.2.2.2 and reinstalled over 1.2.5.0 as the first post indicated that could be done.  Now back on 1.2.2.2 and my license has vanished and DB  fails to connect to the server (could be related but I'm not getting any license error messages).  I tried to re-activate the license but that failed without any error messages.  The only message i am seeing is "Drive Bender - v???? UNABLE TO CONNECT!. Error - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [::1]:9885"

Totally stuck.  Any suggestions?

Thanks - djlman

You should open a trouble ticket. You shouldn't be having a license problem. If you're on the same machine the license should just work. If moving to another machine DB may need to invalidate your current license key to allow it to be used on the other machine.

Thanks for the response.  I did open a ticket and Anthony responded very quickly :-) This is the same machine and have done upgrades without license issues previously. The first fix Anthony suggested did not work. I'm continuing to work with him though.  Thanks again for the reply.

Hey Anthony,

For me they were

Hey Anthony,

For me they were

We are doing some further testing...

Well I'm pleased to announce that we have nailed down an official release date. It will be the 24th of April.

It has been a longer road than initially planned (thanks all), however I think people will be pleased with the results. And given the number of views the v1250 beta thread has seen (over 4,600 in five weeks)... there seems to be plenty of interest.

Here are some screen shots of what you can expect.

Windows client

WHS addin

Well I'm pleased to announce that we have nailed down an official release date. It will be the 24th of April.

It has been a longer road than initially planned (thanks all), however I think people will be pleased with the results. And given the number of views the v1250 beta thread has seen (over 4,600 in five weeks)... there seems to be plenty of interest.

Here are some screen shots of what you can expect.

Windows client

WHS addin

Glad to hear it :)...has this issue been addressed in this new build?

After evaluating v1.2.5.0 for a month now, I've decided to buy a license for Drive Bender yesterday and now I'm waiting for v1.3 today. For me (Middle Europe) the 24th has still 14 hours left  ;)