Division-M Community
Sign in to follow this  
mavtak

Drive Bender deactivated and won't deactivate

I am very angry, and suppressing the use of expletives.

Drive Bender deactivated itself.  It says that my existing key isn't valid.  So after a lot of wresting and Drive Bender crashes, I eventually restarted the computer, and now it accepts that the key is valid, but won't reactivate because it is already activated... on that computer.

Really?  Is that how Division-M is going to treat its customers?  First the software fails, and now I can't fix it myself?  This is people's *data*.  You can't have your software forgetting that people are entitled to access their own data.

Of course, Drive Bender also unmounted my pooled drive, which confused the file synchronization software that I'm using, so that will be a headache when Drive Bender is working again.  Plus I have users' folders pointed to the drive pool, so my server is paralyzed.  This is not acceptable.

Hopefully you've opened a ticket (see top sticky in this forum). From what others here have said Division-M is very responsive to solving reported problems. I believe you should include your key in the ticket in case it needs to be de-activated on their end (do not post the key in these forums).

Well, I did start a ticket, and luckily there was that trial key on the main download page (which eventually worked).

But really, the software shouldn't behave this harshly when the copy protection fails.  I also shouldn't have to contact Division-M if, say, my server crashes and I need to reinstall Drive Bender.

You are correct on all counts and I don't believe that Division-M intends for the product to be this hard to get along with. It is entirely possible that you encountered a bug in the software that needs fixing. If there is a bug here and you're ticket provided the info to solve the bug it could prevent others from experiencing this situation in the future.