Division-M Community

WHS2011 - 0x80040080 error (windows error) when trying to move WHS2011 folders

Yes, move the folders using Windows Explorer and then do the WHS folder define as described in the old forum. I don't know if the API code to support WHS folder moves to DB pool land will be in RTM, but I'm fairly sure it will be added. I would think that since the poll on the old Drive Bender site shows the majority, by far, of interest in DB is WHS2011 users this support should be coming post haste.

Yes, move the folders using Windows Explorer and then do the WHS folder define as described in the old forum. I don't know if the API code to support WHS folder moves to DB pool land will be in RTM, but I'm fairly sure it will be added. I would think that since the poll on the old Drive Bender site shows the majority, by far, of interest in DB is WHS2011 users this support should be coming post haste.

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem moving the default shares to the DB pool..

Could you please point me in the direction of the old forums? Since the site overhaul I can't seem to find them.

I moved all my folders on the driver extender "drive" doing the procedure above.

Now when I logon to the remote web access my pictures/music/videos is not appearing on the "media library" tab, so there is no way for me to stream it. It do appears on the shared folders - http://www.upl.co/uploads/Untitled1-12.jpg

Moving back to the C drive seems to fix this problem.

Can anyone please confirm if it's just on my setup this error?

The only other place I can think of to check is from WHS Dashboard -> Server Settings - Media in left column - Media Library section at the bottom and then the Customize button. This should bring up a dialog with all your folders with a yes/no drop down as to whether the folder should be included in the media library.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...