Division-M Community
DaNerdMaster

Cloud Xtender + Drive Bender Question

Hey there, I recently started using drive bender to replace my MS storage space pool. I'm loving it so far, it's exactly what I needed. I'm currently researching an offsite backup\storage provider for photo and document backups now, and I have a couple questions relating to using cloud Xtender as part of it.

1. Would it be possible to install CX alongside DB and have my duplicated files also end up in whichever cloud provider I decide on going with? If not, this would probably be a great future feature.

2. Do you plan on supporting Amazon's Cloud Drive? I see S3 is supported, but Amazon just announced a very tempting unlimited storage plan, and judging by the app section on the page, they have APIs or other hooks for developer to utilize. 

I am hoping option 1 is perhaps one of the core features of CX, as when I heard of CX that was the first use that springs to mind...   I haven't tried the beta yet, but assume by you posting this, that duplicating to your chosen cloud provider is not yet an option?  I thought the whole point of CX was that it did integrate with DB giving you the option of including your cloud space within the pool, thus allowing duplication, amongst general storage options...

I am hoping option 1 is perhaps one of the core features of CX, as when I heard of CX that was the first use that springs to mind...   I haven't tried the beta yet, but assume by you posting this, that duplicating to your chosen cloud provider is not yet an option?  I thought the whole point of CX was that it did integrate with DB giving you the option of including your cloud space within the pool, thus allowing duplication, amongst general storage options...

I haven't installed it yet, I'm still on the trial of DB, deciding if I'm going to go ahead and purchase a license or go to a NAS type os, like FreeNAS or OpenMediaVault. I switch to DB from MS Storage Spaces because I didn't like the somewhat buggy management, at least on Win 8. My box was originally running Windows Home Server (the original version), and I loved the drive pooling. Replicating to a CX drive would greatly simplify my current setup.

I am loving DB so far, though. : )

I'm hoping for future cross compatibility between the two products (DB + CE) with an option to specify parameters like, a max file size (so would use cloud for smaller files), file types (like maybe photos), older files & etc.

We are adding cloud based duplication to DB... we were hoping it would be now available, however a number of issues with CX has held us up. Once CX v1.5 is out we are than heading back to DB to get these belated features sorted.

As for Amazon cloud, this with certainly come in time.

As there is no where to post about Drive Xtender, and I have yet to see any news about Drive Bender Duplication to a Cloud, I was hoping someone here could post an update as to this feature. I know I've been waiting a number of years for this type of integration.