Division-M Community
Cypher64

Drivebender service sitting on "starting"

Anyone seen this issue with where the service sits on starting?

There was another thread but no resolution was posted, this is getting most frustrating.

I've uninstall and reinstalled 2.3.70 and still the same error.

I have submitted a ticket but I need to keep plugging away at this as I have company coming over and need access to my media.

Everything worked fine until went to 2.3.6.0.  Figure if I can download 2.3.5.0 maybe it'll work like it's supposed to again

Anyone seen this issue with where the service sits on starting?

There was another thread but no resolution was posted, this is getting most frustrating.

I've uninstall and reinstalled 2.3.70 and still the same error.

Drive Bender Service or Drive Bender SMART Service?

If it's Drive Bender SMART Service that won't start (as it was in my case on XP) there's a fix in 2.3.8.0.

You will need to set the SMART service "Start Type" to manual, then in the DB registry, (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Division-M\Drive Bender) add the DWORD value Start SMART Service Mins and set it to the number of minutes you wish to wait before it is started.

The problem in my case was that my computer is old and booted slowly and everything else needs to be up and running before the SMART service can start.

I set the time to 5 minutes, but I'm sure 1 or 2 would be fine.

Mines hanging too on startup, SMART service freezes on starting blocking other services from initiating. Happens more often than not.

I have a brand new X99 rig, but it also occurred on my old rig. I can concur I had no issues like this prior to 2.3.6.

I've just done the reg edit above and will monitor to see if the situation improves.

First time reboot after reg edit, SMART Service hanging again on startup preventing subsequent services running. Only a hard reset can get me out of it then reboots to same scenario again. A random amount of reboots later and it finally starts. This is on a new clean build of Windows 7 with all updates applied. I've captured the logs to raise a ticket, but I'm starting to feel like abandoning Drive Bender altogether is a better way forward.

Sounds like maybe the registry setting didn't take. Double-check that you've typed the registry entry exactly as I suggested, and definitely have set the service to MANUAL start.

Set it to 10 minutes and when you boot the computer, run services.msc and see if it's definitely NOT starting until 10 minutes have elapsed.