Division-M Community
Bigrizz

What is db-startup.sil in the logs folder? Why's DB smashing my CPU?

Last night, the ssd system drive on my HP Microserver ran out of room. Windirstat revealed a file called 'db-startup.sil' in the logs folder that was 18.4GB. Bizarrely, after rebooting last night, it's gone today. Anyone know what it is?

DB consistently chews at least 30-40% of my CPU and even more after a startup. Are the events related? Anyone else experiencing high CPU usage?

I have 4 drives in my pool, two 1.5TB and two 2TB drives.

It's the log file for Drive Bender.

It should never get that big as I thought it got recycled at 1Mb in size.

If you see it growing again, raise a Support Ticket.

It's the log file for Drive Bender.

It should never get that big as I thought it got recycled at 1Mb in size.

If you see it growing again, raise a Support Ticket.

Thank you. In the event it gets huge again, is it safe to delete it until a support ticket is raised and dealt with?

I'd still raise a Support Ticket.

Yep, understand that. If it takes days to resolve, my server will be offline for that time if I can't delete the file. The question was is it safe to delete the file?

Yes, it's perfectly safe to delete the .sil files. They are simply logs. Just curious what your logging level is set to. This can be found in DB settings on the Performance tab. Normally this should be set to None unless you are directed by DB support to set it to a particular logging level.

Yes, it's perfectly safe to delete the .sil files. They are simply logs. Just curious what your logging level is set to. This can be found in DB settings on the Performance tab. Normally this should be set to None unless you are directed by DB support to set it to a particular logging level.

Yes, set to none.

Last night, the ssd system drive on my HP Microserver ran out of room. Windirstat revealed a file called 'db-startup.sil' in the logs folder that was 18.4GB. Bizarrely, after rebooting last night, it's gone today. Anyone know what it is?

DB consistently chews at least 30-40% of my CPU and even more after a startup. Are the events related? Anyone else experiencing high CPU usage?

I have 4 drives in my pool, two 1.5TB and two 2TB drives.

Well also here. DB will use 30-40% of my CPU (v.2.3.8.0). but in the Moment i restore 3 TB home videos and DB is balancing in the background.