Division-M Community
Mr.X

DB is showing a large amount of "Non-Pool Used" space

I'm currently on DB 2.3.8.0 but this seems to be consistent in all versions past 2.

In DB Manager, I see beside the pie chart, Non-pool used: 120.16GB.

Before upgrading from 2.3.5 to 2.3.7, I first copied all the files in the pool to a large backup array. I then reformatted all pool drives so they were completely empty.

I then installed the latest DB, created the pool with these blank drives, and then copied all the files back from the array to the pool. I wanted to be sure there were no orphaned files on any drives since I've seen a large amount of space listed as Non-pool used in the previous versions of DB.

Is the "Non-pool used" amount in the pie chart just a glitch or are there actually non-pool files somewhere on my pool?

I mapped drive letters to each pool drive so I could have a look, and all there is on each drive is the GUID folder and a couple of small DB text files. No hidden files either.

I personally think this is some type DB glitch. My pool also shows a bunch of non pool used space that I'm at a loss as to why it's happening. I know Anthony is aware of this, but my guess is he has bigger fish to fry. My pool has had this for so long I just ignore it now. I'm really not sure what non pool used is supposed to represent. For me the closest thing I can figure is in my DB settings it's set to give me a warning if my pool drops to less than 10% available. The 10% of my pool size is the closest thing I have to the value shown in non pool used.

I have this issue as well.  I created a pool with a single drive as a member. duplication disabled (duh), and copied a single video file to the pool

P:.
└───TV Shows
    └───The This Old House Hour
            The This Old House Hour_20150528_19002000.ts  (5,879,170,216 bytes).

Pool dashboard reports

Viewing: Pool:

File usage:
   Primary used:   1.48 GB
   Duplicate used: 0.00 KB
   Free: 1.81 TB
   Non pool used:  4.23 GB

Note that the Primary + Non-pool add up to the actual file size (less OS overhead)

Running "Perform a file system health check on pool" does not fix this.

Deleting the single file generates nonsense in the GUI (negative in-use), but running a health check fixed that and leaves 237.96 MB non-pool spaced used, which roughly agrees with a properties inspection of the underlying drive.

The Pool wizard is messed up as well. I assigned a drive letter during pool creation and it didn't appear in the GUI until a restart, though it was visible in the OS.  Also you can enable pool duplication with only a single member drive. This should not be allowed until you have at least two drives in the pool.

Hi

I have over 4tb "non pool used"

Does it affect the duplication? I have enabled duplication and i liked to know if all files are being duplicated (incl. the "non pool used").

I'm currently not able to check it manually so it would be good to hear if there is a problem or not...

English is not my native language so... sorry^^

After upgrading to version 2.3.9 there where 15tb of non pool used :/

After deleting the pool and uninstall/reinstall Drive Binder and creating a NEW pool the chart Shows the correct values...

I have tried many different things but this was the only working solution :(

sorry again for my bad english.