Division-M Community
Anthony

A sad day!

Hi all... this is a very sad day for me, I've made the decision to leave my full-time gig at Division-M. You can read more at - http://blog.division-m.com/2015/11/19/all-good-things-must-come-to-an-end/

Although I'll still be around in the forums etc... I want to made a special point of say thanks to "w3wilkes" and "cbers". From the get go they have given their time to mod the forums, and for that I'm very thankfully  ;)

Sorry to hear that Anthony.

It's been fun since DB started and hopefully the current version will remain working for a while yet :)

It's been a pleasure moderating these forums and will continue as long as there are people out there asking questions.

Thank you Anthony for coming up with a revolutionary product. I can't imagine how I could manage my growing media collection without DB.

It's always sad to see a company close shop. But I guess that's just life. Anyway, I'm sure you'll figure out something in the future and rediscover a new 'blue ocean'.

Hats off to you, sir.

Anthony,

First, It's been a pleasure to be a moderator on this board!

Second, My own use of DB will continue for the foreseeable future. I personally don't fully trust "the cloud" from both an availability and security perspective. Until the cloud vendors give us service agreements with teeth I don't see myself moving there.

Third, I'll be sticking around these boards and help out where I can.

Fourth, Anthony - I wish you the best in whatever direction you go. It's been a pleasure using your product and getting to know you!

Hi Anthony,

This is indeed a sad moment. I have used DB for several year now as an integral part to my server setup. The software has protected me 100% through at least 3 drive failures over this time. A few quirks aside, you have created a great piece of software, and I thank you for that.

I also really appreciated the prompt support you have provided to me. There were a few occasion where urgent help was needed you delivered. You remained focused on a solution while the tone of my email occasionally showed my frustrations. (Sorry about that, :-) )

I wish you good luck in your future endeavors. Stay in touch!

PS: Don't forget to remove the online activation if you decide to abandon the products entirely.

Anthony - all the best.  With almost 80TB under DriveBender Mgt it has been a great tool for me and I did enjoy the dev process over the years!  I'm sure it will be of interest to many to see what you do with the code (keep, sell, opensource).  I hope DB lives on in some form.  I'm sure you will do well and enjoy the next challenge (what ever that may be) :)

Thanks

Nathan

Hi all, and thanks for the kind words. I will be around the forum for some time to come...  and our plan is to ensure that all product will continue on, just working out the details. As for activation... don't worry, I would never leave users without the ability to user their software  ;) Anyways we are getting close to announcing what will happen moving forward... stay tuned!

​When I saw the announcement, I was filled with both deep sadness and dread. With one of my storage pools almost at 160TBs now, I am filled with dread for the future. As someone who was anticipating DB from a post over on the Wegotserevred blog, even before the beta test, I am very sad to see things go this way.

I expect good things for you in the future Anthony. Except for the 1 incident with the poor decision to use an overly aggressive DRM scheme in the old version, DB has been more stable than even Windows Server for me. So your work is well proven and I am sure opportunities will abound.

I only ask do not let DB die or sell to someone that will kill it, please? Just in my home media life, I've already gone through that with Yahoo/Meedio and Google/SageTV. I still haven't fully recovered from the death of SageTV. If I am unable to use DB I am not sure what I will do, how I would migrate all of this data is beyond me. The future of my data is now in your hands, please treat it well.

Good luck and thanks for DB!

@silkshadow,

Well, there's a glimmer of hope: http://blog.division-m.com/

Given the level of user support, it seems I had no other choice other than allowing Drive Bender, PoolHD and Cloud Xtender to live on! As for my involvement, I’ve decided to remain involved as a hobbyist… that is I will remain active on the forum and play with the code when possible.

The force awakens...