Division-M Community
PeteCress

WTB: DriveBender License

Emailed support, posted reply on the "Going out of business page...."... 

Now it's been several days and no response, so I guess DB really is out of business and I'm not going to get a license using the Good-Right-And-Holy Path.

But I've got two weeks worth of manhours sunk into configuring/loading/debugging a backup for my NAS box using the trial version of DriveBender and I would rather not lose all that work.

Before I dive into Windows' Raid-1 implementation....

Does anybody have an unused DB license they would be willing to sell ?

Edit 2015 11-23 21:40:

FYI anybody in the same situation, I just got a response form DriveBender Support:

"We are working on making Drive Bender available and hope to have this sorted later in the week."

Fingers crossed....

Your temporary licence should last 30 days, so hopefully they'll get it sorted soon.

DB is not going away, it'll just be longer in between releases.

Hang in there.

You should buy a license for DB from Anthony if you can. That said, if there is ever a day that it is no longer possible to buy licenses (happened with SageTV and it happened really fast and suddenly), I have a bunch of licenses I will never use. I periodically bought new licenses as a form of donation hoping to help Anthony keep DB alive. Give it some time, but if you or anyone gets really stuck and Anthony hasn't come up with a buyer or any kind of forward plan, send me a PM. I believe it will email me.

I see that DB is now "Donation Ware." In my eyes this does not bode well. The product's price should've been increased to support the cost of developing/selling it; those who want it I think will gradly pay for it. I'm not sure selling it for $5 will increase sales. Just a thought...