Division-M Community
Anthony

Drive Bender v2.4.0.0 released

Release v2.4.0.0 release (26/01/2016)

File duplication issue that can cause a mismatched time stamp between the primary and duplicate files when there is a daylight saving's time shift. This can cause some files to be unnecessary re-duplicated.

The underlying volume GUID for a mount point will be the same each time the mount point re-mounts.

Improved start up when one/all drives detached from the pool.

Improved polling load (aka less CPU usage) when waiting on drives to reconnect to the pool.

[n] Pools can now be switched "offline", this causes all mount points to be dismounted until the user switched back to "online" mode. Option available along the top banner within the Drive Bender Manager.

The pool file system health check now runs every 7 days and no sooner, even after a restart.

The location of temp and log files has changed, there are now located in "\ProgramData\Division-M\Drive Bender".

Folders pending delete may not get deleted, this can result in "orphaned duplicate" messages being generated.

If the pool is in fault tolerant mode, the Drive Bender Manager can cause an excessive load on the pool.

When using a landing zone, and a file is sent to the recycle bin before it has been moved from the landing zone, the file remains in the recycle bin on the landing zone drive until emptied. As part of the clearing process, the recycle bin is now checked and any files found are now moved from the landing zone drive.

Improved target drive selection under "Balanced" mode.

The minimum free space setting from drives can fail in some conditions.

When upgrading, the installer will now uninstall the existing driver version first before installing the newer version (this happens automatically).

Download here

Edit, never mind. It didn't prompt for UAC and I didn't do Run As Admin,  PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair)

Minor(?) issue during install

Installed while previous version 2.3.9 still installed. Will computing space requirements, pop up titled "Drive Bender" stating Invalid Drive M:\  which is my pool drive letter.  Install fails.  Log attached.
Note that 2.3.9 still installed, but pool not defined.post-4540-0-30054000-1454546530_thumb.pngDB2.4-error-log.txt.zip

Edited by ruralcricket

Minor(?) issue during install

Installed while previous version 2.3.9 still installed. Will computing space requirements, pop up titled "Drive Bender" stating Invalid Drive M:\  which is my pool drive letter.  Install fails.  Log attached.

Note that 2.3.9 still installed, but pool not defined.attachicon.gifDB2.4-error.pngattachicon.gifDB2.4-error-log.txt.zip

Yeah this has been reported by a few users... I'm trying to uninstalled the DB driver during an upgrade, however it is not working as hoped. Going to change the installer to force a full uninstall.

Network client reports "No drives in pool" but connecting works. I only see the drives not in the pool. Client also runs 2.4.0.0.

Been restarting the server and client computer many times. Also reinstalled the DB client software.

On initial install of 2400 on my WHS2011 server I had to manually start the DB service from services to have my pool show up. After the initial manual start of the DB service it does start automatically on a reboot.

Don't know if you were replying to me or just posting your own experience =). But for me the WHS server sees the pool just perfectly and putting it off/online works.

It's the network client I have installed in a Win 10 machine that only sees the drives not in the pool, and the pool itself is missing. Putting the pool offline on the WHS doesn't update the pool state on the Win 10 client.

@Wezz, I was just posting my experience. On your Win10 client not seeing the pool I'm confused... I only have DB installed on my WHS2011 system and my other PC's are Win10 and see the pool on my WHS box just fine. I do not run DB on the clients, but the pool shows up in File manager as Network available folders. What network client are you referring to?

Don't know if you were replying to me or just posting your own experience =). But for me the WHS server sees the pool just perfectly and putting it off/online works.

It's the network client I have installed in a Win 10 machine that only sees the drives not in the pool, and the pool itself is missing. Putting the pool offline on the WHS doesn't update the pool state on the Win 10 client.

The client is running fine on my machine. As you have no problems to connect, it shouldn't be a firewall issue. Frankly I have no idea, sorry...

I wonder if there is any registry keys or temp files that I could try deleting. I tried searching in appdata\local, \locallow, \roaming. But nothing there.

Noticed a strange thing! Even though there aren't any signs of the pool in the Drive Bender client, I noticed on the right side with all the lines of text Perform a file.... and Overall.., there was a loading bar and a file was mentioned being balanced. So still it get's that info from the pool over at the WHS machine.

Mhh... maybe it's a graphic issue? Some time ago the DB Client crashed upon start, because I adjusted the windows font size to be larger than 100%. Have you made some adjustments like that or are you using some eyecandy software?

You could try starting the DriveBenderConsole.exe, which is on older version of the client, it should be in the same directory. If this works as expected, I would guess it's a graphical issue, be it with the DB Client or with your machine/OS.

Yeah I use Win 10 DPI scaling at 150% on my 1440 screen. But the network client installed on the Win 10 machine reports "no drives in pool". I also use 125 or 150% DPI scaling on the WHS server through Remote desktop and that makes drive bender manager mess up some text but the pool is there.

DriveBenderConsole.exe indeed was able to see the pool fine.

SOLVED!

An empty pool had been created somehow and I just needed to press the small arrow to the left and delete it for my main pool to show again. Didn't figure this out myself though.