Division-M Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tharnax

Missing Folder Alert

I've recently installed a new drive into my storage pool.  I was down to about 2.76TB left, so I removed a 1TB drive and replaced it with a 3TB drive.  I have a reasonably large storage pool with DB, it states about 16TB. However since I installed the new 3TB drive I keep getting this Missing Folder Alert message pop-up.

post-84-0-66399700-1455156161_thumb.png

As well, I have TB of data duplicated but DB doesn't seem to want to confirm that any more, suggesting only 242GB of duplicate used.  As well there are tons of error logs.  See additional attachment.

post-84-0-45177200-1455156594_thumb.png

The whole file usage graph appears off - Can't add attachment see follow-up post.

Suggestions?

Thanks @ revengineer.  It appears I attempted to add a bad 3TB WD NAS drive to the pool.  I think DB was trying to write to it to balance the storage pool but nothing was writing.  After a reboot the pool went into fail safe.  I forced remove the new "BAD" drive, then had to power off remove the drive.  Upon restart the pool is back but still needing a new drive added.  At least no damage done but it was a little scary for a bit.  It's amazing how well the DB pool can recover from these types of issues.

Now to warranty the 3TB NAS Red, bought it months ago but wait until I need it before adding it.  So, of course, it has failed so warranty is going to be much more difficult to complete.  Oh well, prefer a bad drive over a corrupt DB pool.

Bad drives can happen. I run a full read write test on all my drives using hd Sentinel before adding them to the pool. Well worth the wait.

Replacing the drive is easy, at least in the US. I have done it several times. The drives have 3 year warranty,so you should have no issues as long as you have dated proof of purchase.