Division-M Community
Warborg

No straight upgrade path 2.4.0.0? Would like to hear from Division-M.

So I see some comments here about having to do an uninstall of the previous version to be able to install 2400.  It seems strange to me that it can't do an upgrade of the previous version and frankly seems like a few people have had hiccups doing this.  I'm hesitant to do an uninstall and then install the new version because I have no desire to have to sit here and troubleshoot a version upgrade for software I paid for...  Am I to understand that your software can't just upgrade the previous version without having to manually uninstall the previous version?  That seems...  odd.

I believe the reason for the uninstall reinstall was due to some issues that a few folks were having doing the install over the top of a prior release. I've not had any problems either way. I know the 2.4 forces the uninstall reinstall and that worked fine for me too.

I've been doing the uninstall-install dance since maybe 1.9. I've had issues with DB services failing to start if I just install over the old one.

This is the process I do... works 100%

1. Uninstall DB

2. Reboot

3. Install DB

4. Reboot

I've been doing the uninstall-install dance since maybe 1.9. I've had issues with DB services failing to start if I just install over the old one.

This is the process I do... works 100%

1. Uninstall DB

2. Reboot

3. Install DB

4. Reboot

Ok...  Well, I'll consider it.  I've already been tinkering so much this weekend setting up a bunch of new applications/services the thought of losing my settings in DB and having to go through with troubleshooting it as well or setting it all back up makes my stomach do somersaults. 

But have you heard... "I'm from the government and I'm here to help" :rolleyes:

Not outside of the movies...  And trusting the government to help can be as perilous as trusting your settings to persist sometimes...  ;)

Ok...  Well, I'll consider it.  I've already been tinkering so much this weekend setting up a bunch of new applications/services the thought of losing my settings in DB and having to go through with troubleshooting it as well or setting it all back up makes my stomach do somersaults.

It won't lose your settings. Everything should, license and all, go back to normal. Only difference is it'll be running the newest version of DB.