Division-M Community
revengineer

Windows Server 2016

So, I have been playing with DB 2400 on the RTM version of Server 2016. I think that in general this is working. However, the dashboard plugin gives a Health Alert Error: "Alert notification are not available for Health Monitoring due to an error or an incomplete action, or a service has stopped working."

I was wondering if there will be an attempt to get DB to run on Server 2016? I am not asking for development of new features. Pllllleeeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeee!!!

Server 2016 support is part of the up and coming v2.5 release.

Thank you Anthony! I was planning a 2016 full LAN upgrade this week but I can hold off for a little bit. I know this is always tough, but any chance of a very rough ETA? Can you tell me if it will be before the of the month?

So, I have been playing with DB 2400 on the RTM version of Server 2016. I think that in general this is working. However, the dashboard plugin gives a Health Alert Error: "Alert notification are not available for Health Monitoring due to an error or an incomplete action, or a service has stopped working."

I was wondering if there will be an attempt to get DB to run on Server 2016? I am not asking for development of new features. Pllllleeeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeee!!!

Hi, 

I installed Server 2016 and DB 2.4. My old Pool was found immediately. Which Dashboard are you talking about? The DB Manager, or Server 2016 Essentials Dashbord? 

Hi All,

Any rough idea when V2.5 will be released? I installed Windows Server 2016 about 20 days ago and it all seemed to be working fine. Then I started getting issues with my pool disappearing. Then came to this forum and read that Drivebender is not compatible with Server 2016 yet (should have checked this first!).

So wondering whether to go back to Server 2012 or wait for compatibility with Server 2016??

I just tried using DriveBender on Server 2016 and it wouldn't work at all.  Once I installed drivebender drivers/services after reboot the 'server' and 'netlogon' and some other services would not start.  Drivebender looked like it was working, but my pool mount letter was not there, and if I tried to remove the mount it could not re-add it.  Basically totally killed my server as far as those critical services (it's a DC).  As soon as I uninstalled DB the server was fine again (all services started as normal).

My pool was running on Win10 before (and is again now) but didn't seem to like Server 2016 at all.

If it matters I am running Server 2016 in a Server 2016 Hyper-V virtual machine, with the drivebender drives as pass-through disks (not virtual disks/VHDs).  This was working on Server 2012R2 with same drives/pool, but not in 2016.

Looking forward to DB 2.5 so I can move my pool off my Win10 workstation and onto my server again.

Cheers!