Division-M Community
schubsi

Size and Free Space of duplicated mountpoints

Hello World! :)

3 days ago I said goobbye to unstable SiI 3132 RAID 1, yesterday I said goodbye to Win10 storage spaces and said hello to Drive Bender v 2.4.0.0 and ordered a key.

I had to learn much to understand DB, now I runs right good IMHO.

I use 2 identic 1TB WD harddrives and I created for each wanted drive (volume) TWIN volumes on each harddrive, added them to a new pool and created mountpoint with duplicate (full drive).

post-4689-0-92417600-1476536043_thumb.jpg

GREAT!  8)

On hardware issues my registered HD Sentinel will inform me, for software desaster I have a sync'd harddisk (eSATA-Dockingstation) filled with "DirSync" and driver problems like Silicon Image or storage places will never happen with Drive Bender, I think (and hope!)  :)

One thing I did not find: The pool is published to windows explorer with (full) capacity of both drives DB1 and DB2 although I defined the mount point with duplicate checkbox enabled.

post-4689-0-80097700-1476536594_thumb.jpg

It would be fine if Drive Bender could publish half drive size and free space for better overview about free ressources.

post-4689-0-68715700-1476536950_thumb.jpg

Many thanks for reading this post and best regards from Berlin / Germany!

Martin

using: Win 10 Home 64bit 8 GB RAM 256 Samsung SSD (system) and 2x 1TB WD black (WD1002) for data storage

- ASUS P5Q SE2 (w/o onboard raid) - Intel Core2Duo E8500 @ 3,16 GHz - Drive Bender 2.4.0.0 (reg.)

Hey...

Drive bender saved my data, that's great!  👍

Some years ago (2016) I asked for the possibility to report on full duplicated driveletters (pools) only the half of free space for the explorer...

No comment, no answer...

suspicious community !?!? 🤔

Regards from Berlin/Germany!

Martin