Division-M Community
HeinzPSX

Drive Bender 2.5.0.0 - Snapraid Mode

I'd like to know what the enabling this changes.  The PDF manual found in C:\Program Files\Division-M\Drive Bender makes no mention of this setting.

I do use Snapraid for parity, running automated syncs once a day. I simply needed to disable load balancing to get this to be stable. Otherwise DB was moving files around generating "new" and "deleted" files, or balancing was occurring during the sync.

Just got mine answered (the developer is in Australia so it takes a bit sometimes).

https://support.division-m.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000392423-What-is-SnapRAID-mode-and-how-does-it-work-

SnapRAID is a great way to provide file redundancy on multiple disk systems or pooled drives. Drive Bender and SnapRAID work well together, and if you do run SnapRAID alongside Drive Bender... there are a number of features and internal tasks that must be disabled for SanpRAID to work effectively, such as balancing and some aspects of pool checking. With Drive Bender v2.5, we introduced a new SnapRAID mode. When SnapRAID mode is enabled, the features and tasks mentioned previously, are automatically managed.

What do they mean by "Automatically Managed".  The answer provided says nothing.  I run a 24 TB bender pool backed up with snapraid but I also run a 12TB pool backed up with duplication.  How does "Snapraid Mode" help me?  What does it do?  Can I make it work for only 1 pool and not be an all or nothing option?  What are my options in this situation?  What is the drawback of leaving it enabled/disabled?  Is my duplicated pool still protected? I need to know EXACTLY (technical not layman) what it does... 

So - I'm assuming that SnapRaid mode still requires installation and configuration of SnapRaid?

Purchased a new 5TB drive and downloading the latest versions of DB and SnapRaid and am looking to implement this, but not sure how best to proceed - reading a bunch of the threads here although since this is a "new" feature it would be helpful if the site admins could dedicate a single thread (maybe this one perhaps) for all the SnapRaid mode related Q/A's & FAQs etc rather than the scattering of threads that there is now.

A "sticky" would be helpful I think...

An older post put possibly one of the most helpful, some of the info may be out of date now though:
https://community.division-m.com/index.php?/topic/5587-using-snapraid-with-drive-bender/#comment-12813