Division-M Community
Anthony

Beta v2.5.5.0

Release v2.5.5.0 beta (2017-02-18)
[ u ] Much of the core has been updated to use our new code base.
[ b ] When restoring a pool, an empty pool could be created in addition to the restored pool.
[ b ] When an internal task is run, it is possible for that task to be flagged as finished before the task has completed (this happening multiple times can bring down the Drive Bender service).
[ b ] Fixed a number of processing issues with file validation.
[ b ] The Drive Bender Manager can display an incorrect file count value when the pool count is displayed.
[ b ] When uninstalling, one or more error messages can be displayed resulting in the uninstallation process failing.

Download here

Altough it seemed work fine, I had several troubles with pool being disconnected when I added a new disk and DB was balancing the files.

I've returned to 2.5a and the problems have disapeared and the files are almost balanced

I wait the new version!!

Hi,

Note sure if it's only related to this beta but I'll report !

1- I had to remove 1 drive (500Gb) from the pool (12 drives) and DB hangs before the end of process while it was copying files. This was initiated remotely from the Windows 2012 Essentials dashboard, after a while the progress dialog was not responding, then I got lots of "connect" dialogues in cascade... after that I was not able to connect DB console on the server itself, I had to reboot it.

2- I added a new 4Tb drive and the balancing behaves strangely, log says that all drives are balanced with a 53,7% target, but the free space goes from 42% to 67%, what is the marging ?

Christophe

Drive balancing screenshot: https://app.box.com/s/wfavun4ehdo6zw7n35nsupnfy00xmdmi

Altough it seemed work fine, I had several troubles with pool being disconnected when I added a new disk and DB was balancing the files.

I've returned to 2.5a and the problems have disapeared and the files are almost balanced

I wait the new version!!

Would it be possible for you to shoot the logs to support?

Hi,

Note sure if it's only related to this beta but I'll report !

1- I had to remove 1 drive (500Gb) from the pool (12 drives) and DB hangs before the end of process while it was copying files. This was initiated remotely from the Windows 2012 Essentials dashboard, after a while the progress dialog was not responding, then I got lots of "connect" dialogues in cascade... after that I was not able to connect DB console on the server itself, I had to reboot it.

2- I added a new 4Tb drive and the balancing behaves strangely, log says that all drives are balanced with a 53,7% target, but the free space goes from 42% to 67%, what is the marging ?

Christophe

Drive balancing screenshot: https://app.box.com/s/wfavun4ehdo6zw7n35nsupnfy00xmdmi

Thanks for the logs... 

1) This may have been an issue with the drive, do you know if the drive had any faults, or was it running normally?

2) We have had a couple of reports of odd balancing and are investigating.

On 3/8/2017 at 6:43 PM, admin said:

Thanks for the logs... 

1) This may have been an issue with the drive, do you know if the drive had any faults, or was it running normally?

2) We have had a couple of reports of odd balancing and are investigating.

I am also having some interesting balancing issues with 2.5.5.0. The balancing task has been running for days, and restarts as soon as it completes in the running tasks.  Then, last night, I started to get memory issues, which I'm not exactly sure what they mean. See attached screenshot.

Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 3.02.11 PM.png