Division-M Community
Sign in to follow this  
chchia

To assign folder to one drive?

You can open a ticket for a feature request too. I think it's the best way for the developer to track feature requests.

From what you say, I'm gathering that you are using a Landing Zone SSD and want the ability to exclude files from going to the Landing Zone when created and just be written directly to any regular pool drive. I believe that this would be doable with the implementation of a LZ exclude file. It would also need the ability to be refreshed on the fly if file names were added and/or deleted from the LZ exclude file.

It's possible.

You add an empty file called "FOLDER.TARGET.$DRIVEBENDER" to the folder on the PHYSICAL DISK you want the folder to reside on, and manually change the "Balancing Method" string in the registry to 1, 4 or 5 for most space, even or cascade balancing.

There's no gui support for these options, touching any of the balancing options in the gui will override this ^^ registry setting, and subfolders completely ignore the rules, which means the empty file above ^^ must be in every single one.

Here's the original blog entry.