Division-M Community
Kansalis

Find which files are missing after multiple drive failure

I had two of my six pool drives fail in the same day after a couple of power hits. Everything important in my pool is duplicated but I'm sure I will have lost at least some files duplicated between those two drives. Is there any way for the pool to tell me which duplicated files are completely missing from the pool? I also have a lot of non-duplicated files which would also be useful to get that information for (though less important).

I do have backups of everything but with over 200gb of data in cloud backup it will take a very long time to scan & restore if I have to do a full restore.

Drive Bender doesn't keep a database of files in the pool. There is a function to check duplication status. 

I think the only way to do this would be to get a directory listing of the current pool and your backup and compare them. On your local pool it could be as simple as

Dir /s /b /a:-d | sort > sortedfilelist.txt

Yes, I have 1.5Tb of duplicated files, so I suspect there are going to be at least some files which were lost with both the primary and duplicate on those drives alone. Unfortunately as ruralcricket mentioned, there seems to be no file database which would flag files that are completely missing.  At this point, it's a needle in a haystack to try to figure which files are missing, so I guess I'll err on the side of caution & kick off a full restore of those files I back up to CrashPlan.