Division-M Community
wadeal

All Media Files non accessible - can't view security. Mismatched files

Hi All

Getting up and running with Drive Bender hopefully. Luckily thanks to another users post found my CPU issues caused by Servio and now behaving.

But still when I attempt to open any video/media files they can't open. I can't view the Windows Security tab when viewing their properties it just says like "the requested security information is either unavailable or can't be displayed". When I check on the server itself via the mount point drive letter same thing, but if I assign a drive letter to one of the volumes and view the properties I can view them and access the file. All other files are OK its just media files like .mkv, .avi etc. Photos and text files are OK to open and view properties.

Also my setup is 8 drives, 4 local and 4 network via a NAS. Previously I had like MOVIES1, MOVIES2 etc through to 8. When I setup Drive Bender and the network drives which don't have a merge option I thought would be OK to just let DB setup the folder structure then browse to the volume and move the files over manually and DB would pickup on it or add them to the Pool. After a couple of days though it still doesn't appear to have. Should it work this way? Or is there some way to get it to "sync" or add these folders??

Thanks

Edit, nether mind, CPU back at 25% (one core). How can I possibly find what it is actually doing and why using this much CPU? Like its random even, after I posted this I found Id turned on the debug logging ,turned that off and back to low CPU usage, but then I restarted the service to try fix the file access issue and now back at 25% CPU for ten mins so far after starting the service? There are no tasks showing or anything..?? So why 25% (100% of a core)??

I think I'm meant to use a network mount? Like that creates a share?? So I try that and it just sits there forever yet again trying to create. In the log is an endless loop of like:

[Mount: TEST] - Done!
[Mount: TEST] - Adding mount point...
[Mount: TEST] - DBL - Adding mount point...
[Mount: TEST] - The operation is invalid on a redirected resource.
[Mount: TEST] - DBL - Removing all mount points...
[Mount: TEST] - DBL - Removing all mount points complete.
[Mount: TEST] - DBL - Unmounting media...
[Mount: TEST] - Mount point unmounting.
[Mount: TEST] - DBL - Unmounting media complete.
[Mount: TEST] - DBL - Deleting storage...
[Mount: TEST] - DBL - Deleting storage complete.
[Mount: TEST] - Recycling mount instance...
[Mount: TEST] - Unable to complete initialization, going to retry in a few secs...

I just wish I could figure what I am missing with all this or how I could even undo this mess this software has made of my media.

Hi

Yes, have mounted all the local drives and browsed to the network ones to make sure from the {FAF3890C-4CFC-4F52-A094-3A14E39344C4} folder and set to replace owners on all subfolders as well as confirm permissions. Like from that view (mapped drive to volume)\{FAF3890C-4CFC-4F52-A094-3A14E39344C4}\movies\movie\movie.mkv the permissions look right, its only under the Mount Point drive letter that only media files cannot view the security permissions for at all.

You could add a drive letter to (one of) your discs and see if you can access the files via File Explorer.

That would either point to, or rule out, DriveBender.

NB. Do not make any changes to the files though, as this could lead to problems within the pool.

Yep that's what Ive done, to confirm permissions and owner appear OK.

At least some of the problem files appear to be stored on the NAS where the permissions are as below (and confirmed on the files)

Owner: WADENAS01\Admin
Administrator (Domain): Read, Write
Domain Users: Read, Write

I can browse directly to the NAS drive like for instance: \\wadenas01\disk3\{FAF3890C-4CFC-4F52-A094-3A14E39344C4}\Shares\TV\... and open the files there OK, but when I try via the shared TV folder from the DriveBender mapped drive I can't view the permissions or open the files. This includes new files I have copied to the Drive Bender folder that have then stored on the NAS drive which has the most space free tonight.

Just on another thing that mismatched folders have fixed up it appears, DB was performing a check for a fair while and created missing folders on each drive.

The Drive Bender website says:

Pooling drives on remote servers

Over the years we have been asked if it was possible to add a networked based drive to an existing pool. Well we are happy to say that, new to Drive Bender v2 ER1, you can add a networked server drive or NAS device to a pool. Drive Bender is able to add any UNC based resource to the local pool (even those requiring authentication).

See https://www.division-m.com/drivebender/drive-bender-features.html#feature10