Division-M Community
SteveA

SONOS LIBRARY in Drive Bender Pool

Anyone running Drive Bender to host their iTunes library and having SONOS Windows App index that library for playing thru SONOS?  I recently tried that and was unable to have my Laptop running the SONOS app configure SONOS for accessing the Drive Bender Pool Folder.  SonoS rejects the valid network path  \\NASPC\ODRIVE\iTunes\iTunes Library.   After several attempts at that, decided to load the SONOS app on the same machine as Drive Bender.  Then assigning the iTunes library as a local folder, SONOS indexing began, and appeared to work (SONOS could play music).

However, after rebooting the Drive Bender Machine, DB  failed to find the mount point and pool and I was getting a dialog box to find the pool via "local host" and port 9885 (like a remote connection). 

Essentially the DB Manager showed no drives at all.

I performed a Windows System Restore on the Drive Bender machine and restored it to prior to the SONOS install - everything returned to normal.

I have since decided to have SONOS use a back up folder of iTunes on a separate Western Digital MyCloud machine for its indexing function.

Was curious if any other SONOS users have come across this problem, or are operating w/o any issues.

My Drive Bender machine is   Microsoft Windows 10 Home  Version    10.0.17134 Build 17134

I know little to nothing about SONOS, but I have my music library in my DB pool and access it using Logitech Media server with no problems. Does SONOS have restrictions on using a network drive. I do know that there's a limit on the size of a music library that SONOS can handle or have they now added an interface to go through iTunes?

SONOS restriction (as far as I know) when you are assigning a music library on a remote machine (PC, NAS, etc), is that you need to specify the literal path and cannot use a mapped drive letter.  I know the path I constructed was correctly formed since I was able to use the same construct to map the drive locally.   When I installed the SONOS app on my DB machine, it was then a local folder in the Pool.  That all worked well, until I indexed the music library folder and rebooted the system.  That's when DB could not find the mount.

Yes that is a SONOS function.  That's how SONOS knows what is in the library to be able to play by album, artist, genre, playlist, etc.  It happens automatically once you point SONOS to the content folder.