Division-M Community
maelstrm

GBs of logfiles?

Hi Anthony (et al),

I've noticed DriveBender is storing lots of large (>200mb) log files in ProgramData. The filenames are "HealthMonitorAudit", and they're totalling 2.6GB going back 3 months (to late March).

This seems like a bit of a waste of SSD space since I have DB set to no logging - is this happening by design and can I turn it off via a standard setting I've overlooked? If not is it something that can/should be adjusted?

Cheers for any insight.

I thought I'd share my stats. Some files are very old!

File Type Total Size (Bytes) # of files
BalancingAudit       131,660,860                  11
BalancingQueue       122,365,643                  11
db.sil       809,987,510                  10
HealthMonitorAudit    7,519,760,428                  11
Grand Total    8,583,774,441                  43

Row Labels Max of Date Min of Date
BalancingAudit 11/27/2017 11/26/2017
BalancingQueue 11/27/2017 11/26/2017
db.sil 6/13/2018 6/12/2018
HealthMonitorAudit 6/10/2018 4/6/2018

There should be a max of 10 sil files, and a similar number for the other logs (can't recall the exact number, need to check). Let me look into this... we are just finishing dev work DB v3, so if there is an issue we would want it sorted before it's release.

On 6/21/2018 at 3:27 PM, Anthony said:

There should be a max of 10 sil files, and a similar number for the other logs (can't recall the exact number, need to check). Let me look into this... we are just finishing dev work DB v3, so if there is an issue we would want it sorted before it's release.

Hi Anthony,

I've just run a drive space review and found that the DriveBender log directory is now over 12gb! The big files all start with "HealthMonitorAudit". The oldest is from 14 October 2018 and most recent is from 15 August 2019. There are 41 HealthMonitorAudits in the folder. Each file is about 300mb, with a trend of growing over time (a few exceptions to this, perhaps because the machine was turned off during audits?)

It seems to be a list of every single file on my drive pool with a couple of attributes (IsDup, IsAudited, VolumeName, etc).

I'm running DriveBender 3.1.0.0 and as far as I can see I have logging off (eg Settings>Performance>Logging Level = None).

Is there a log for the HealthMonitor I need to disable, or some kind of switch so it only keeps 1-2 logs? In the interim can I delete the old logs manually as a workaround? Is this normal behavior?

I just opened a ticket. I was wondering why my SSD system drive was running out of space. To my surprise, the DB log files I have total to just a few bytes shy of 60GB! That's dating back to Jan or Feb this year.

I asked two things....

1. Can it be safely trimmed down or removed altogether?

2. Can it be moved to a different, non-SSD drive? And in doing so, will the performance degrade?

UPDATE:

After receiving a reply from Anthony, I went ahead and deleted all the files under the Logs directory. The server is still up and my SSD can breathe again.