Division-M Community
1971camaroguy

I can't read or write to my pooled drive or folders

I am running windows 10 and latest version of drive-bender

I just started having issues a few days ago with not being able to write / delete to my pooled drives. I can read from them just fine.

When I try to delete or copy a file to my pooled drive I get a "Destination folder access denied" and "You need permission to perform this action"

I am clueless as to what's going on as they have been working fine. I double checked the permissions and I have given full read and write to "everyone" in the security and sharing settings. Nothing has changed on that part.

I still have plenty of storage space and all of my drives are still there, none have detached.

I moved my landing drive to a different one - same issue.

I mapped a drive letter to one of the single drives and I can write and delete to that drive just fine. I can't do it from the pooled side.

I went back and checked all of the file permissions to the pooled drives by mapping a drive letter, I had two that weren't shared with full read / write access but I am still having this issues.

All of the drives are marked healthy, I have one that smart reporting said had errors. But it is still flagged as healthy.

Any ideas? I am at a loss here and have no clue what is going on

It started sometime Monday morning, I tried to do a system restore and roll back a week before monday when I knew it was working....but still the same issue.

Def a permissions issue like you said, I can't for the life of me figure out where it's being locked out at lol. 

I opened a ticket Monday evening and Anthony replied requesting some sil files from the log and I sent those yesterday. So he's working on it.

I figured i would ask here just in case something stands out to someone that I might have overlooked. I been kind of backtracking and checking a few things this morning and still not working, it's def a weird issue with something denying me access to copy or delete to the storage pool.

But I did noticed I can delete some jpg files and things like that...but video files won't delete

I was also duplicating, which I really didn't need to so because I do a 1:1 backup on another computer. It freed up a lot of space and moved files across my drive more evenly. Before that all of my drives were pretty pegged out and one was almost empty.

I've had a few issues where when you delete a folder/file, it doesn't remove due to permissions.

I found by trial and error that a reboot of the hardware fixed it for me.

Not saying that will fix your issue, as by doing a system restore you should have to perform a reboot, but just wanted to mention it.

As@w3wilkes says, please raise a Support Ticket, and hopefully it will get reviewed quickly.

Anthony replied to me last night, there was some steps I could try in re-installing drive-bender that seemed to fix the issue.

https://support.division-m.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000568955-Hard-resetting-Pool-Firewall-rules

Apparently there's a little bug, that he said someone else had issues with too

But I am good now

Thanks for everyones replies