Division-M Community
Mathias

Uninstall Anvil

I have to confess, I made a big mistake when installing Anvil after rushing after the free giveaway license. Now I'm unable to uninstall Anvil. I've searched everywhere to find some information about how to uninstall the software but without any luck.

I've even reached out of Division-M twitter page and this support forum seems stone dead.

Seriously, do I have to reinstall Windows to get rid of this software? Anvil is supposed to protect you from ransomware and malware, but I got very suspicious feeling after installing this software that basically connects you entire computer to "the cloud". When you can't even uninstall Anvil then your software are pretty much the definition of the kind of software you want to protect yourself from.

So, please help me out ASAP!

15 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

From what Anthony said in his response you should now be able to open a support ticket for Anvil on this error. See his response above for the link to open a support ticket.

I've already created a ticket but so far no response what so ever. I guess those guys are really busy supporting thousands of thousands of Anvil users. 😂

Did you try doing the old fashioned Control Panel -> Programs and Features and then do the uninstall from there? Did you reference this thread in your ticket? I can't speak for the response, but Anvil isn't their only product. I think the developer does this work part time and where he is in Australia it's currently the weekend.

18 hours ago, Mathias said:

I've already created a ticket but so far no response what so ever. I guess those guys are really busy supporting thousands of thousands of Anvil users. 😂

We did receive your ticket, and we are working on a fix.