Division-M Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ralph

ServerFolders Access & Backup

Windows Home Server 2010. For many months, from either a remote desktop or client W10 PCs, I have been unable to access certain folders in my ServerFolders. Specifically Music, Pictures & Video (all system created). However no problems with folders I created. All I was getting from Permissions / Security / Ownership was 'Unable to display current owner' . I could not change the ownerships.

Yesterday I tried mapping each of the pool drives. Then on each mapped drive, I was then able to access the M, P & Vs ownerships and simply reset each to Administrator and the problems were gone!

Am still having problems with CLIENTS BACKUP, which ceased some while ago and I can't restart.

Hopefully you meant Windows Home Server 2011. As far as I know there is no WHS 2010.

On client computer backup it sounds like you have an error in your backup catalog. Have you tried doing a repair function on the client backup database? Here's a link with instructions for doing a repair.

https://books.google.com/books?id=MufqJtL2evkC&pg=PT374&lpg=PT374&dq=whs2011+repair+client+backup+database&source=bl&ots=IzpDSmgVGq&sig=ACfU3U1DoLUc-vMk6dlDiUFzcDnvk2j8zA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiNztHU9JTnAhWTK80KHXU1BUcQ6AEwDXoECC4QAQ#v=onepage&q=whs2011 repair client backup database&f=false

I have had an occasion a couple of years back where I ended up having to delete the whole client computer backup folder and re-setup the backups for my PC's since I was not able to get a successful repair.