Division-M Community
Anthony

Beta v3.6.5.0

Release v3.6.5.0 beta 1 (2020/03/31)
[ b ] Change in pool size error was causing the pool to switch into a fault-tolerant mode, and not switch back.
[ b ] Detecting missing drives ate boot time now works as expected.
[ b ] Scheduling task no longer blocks tasks for extended periods.
[ u ] Even balancing has been improved on larger drives.

Download here

I was not able to install successfully! The DBservice would not stay started. DBManager showed 2 each of my DB drives 1 & 2 and also showed a drive DB3. My old pool had 3 drives labeled DB1, DB2 and DB3. My current pool has only 2 drives labeled DB1 & DB2. After a couple of tries and fails at 3.6.5.0 on my WHS2011 I've rolled back to 3.6.0.0a which is working fine.

And yes, I've opened a ticket

Problem fixed with info from DB development. I uninstalled 3.6.0.0a and then deleted the pool config from the registry. Then I installed 3.6.5.0 and it realized that it had to look at my physical drives because there was no pool info in the registry. DB found my pool drives and asked if I wanted to restore the pool from the found drives. I said yes and the pool was restored successfully. Did one final reboot and all is good. Just remember that 3.6.5.0 is beta and you might encounter problems if you try it. If you try this version and have problems, be sure to open a trouble ticket with all the detail so that the issue can be corrected prior to the next release going live.

On 4/17/2020 at 1:23 AM, w3wilkes said:

Problem fixed with info from DB development. I uninstalled 3.6.0.0a and then deleted the pool config from the registry. Then I installed 3.6.5.0 and it realized that it had to look at my physical drives because there was no pool info in the registry. DB found my pool drives and asked if I wanted to restore the pool from the found drives. I said yes and the pool was restored successfully. Did one final reboot and all is good. Just remember that 3.6.5.0 is beta and you might encounter problems if you try it. If you try this version and have problems, be sure to open a trouble ticket with all the detail so that the issue can be corrected prior to the next release going live.

I believe we found the issue that was causing this and sorted it for v3.6.6.0