Division-M Community
Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

Beta v1.3.7.5

Release v1.3.7.5 release (2012-09-19)

- Update: Much improved duplication speed and lower CPU overhead (most notable on large folders).

- Update: Duplication folder scanning speed have been much improved.

- Bug fix: When using duplication tools, stopping a search can cause the client interface to hang.

- Update: Improved speed of mount points loading in the dashboard.

- Bug fix: WHS dashboard crashes when drive removal/swap is complete.

- Update: Hard drive S.M.A.R.T. monitoring has been introduced.

- Update: Hard drive model and serial number is now displayed for pooled drives (under the drives dashboard).

- Update: A number on interface enhancements.

- Bug fix: A number of minor interface and server issues resolved.

All beta versions can be downloaded from here.

If you have any beta specific comments, post them in this forum.

I was very excited to see the addition of DB to list models / serial #'s and SMART data on a per disk basis but it is not working for me (see pic), yet Hard Disk Sentinel has no issue pulling this info.  Let me know if there is any testing you want done.

I was very excited to see the addition of DB to list models / serial #'s and SMART data on a per disk basis but it is not working for me (see pic), yet Hard Disk Sentinel has no issue pulling this info.  Let me know if there is any testing you want done.

No pcture.

Here is a sample of the info that Hard Disk Sentinel can pull from the drives.

Where ??

Also now installed on my WHS, and I get one Drive reporting Model, Serial # and some smart info but not the other three (which are on a different controller) so I'm guessing there is an issue with some controllers.

NFI - They did upload as I had to keep cropping them till they were under the 128K limit (which by the way is way to small!)  Maybe they need to be "approved" my a mod? ???

Can you provide links ??

You need to "SHOW ADVANCED SETTINGS and then click on "Show SMART attributes" to see the SMART info, which opens in a new window.

I am getting SMART for some disks but not all.

Yeah we have had am number of users report issues with this. We are posting a new beta next week with much improved S.M.A.R.T. support.

Any NFS fixes ;) waiting months and months on NFS

There are a number of technical issues we need to overcome before this is supported. The current beta is more about a number of internal changes (and the addition of S.M.A.R.T. support). We do have many user wanting this so it is high on our to do list.

It has nice addons but it is not very stable on my system at least.

Sometimes it loses connection to the server and when I search for duplicates it freezes. It also froze when I was trying to remove a drive.

I will revert to 1.3.6 for the time beeing and wait for the stable release.

Hi Anthony,

FYI, the swap drive / drive letter issue is not fixed in this beta.

See: http://forum.division-m.com/index.php?topic=863.msg3644;topicseen#msg3644

Regards

Christophe

Hmmm... I will need to look into this.

It has nice addons but it is not very stable on my system at least.

Sometimes it loses connection to the server and when I search for duplicates it freezes. It also froze when I was trying to remove a drive.

I will revert to 1.3.6 for the time beeing and wait for the stable release.

In what way was it unstable, was it only the duplication search?

Hi Anthony,

I noted that HD serial number and SMART data are not reported through SATA Controller based on SIL3124 in Drive Bender.

In parallel, I'm using Home Server SMART 2012, and it shows those data, so we can say that the controller board support SMART data.

Is there a way to see SMART data when Classic skin is used ?

According to me, it'll be helpful to add a column with the HD SN in the hard drive list tab.

Christophe

Hi,

I am having a problem with this Beta on my WHS 2011. I have a small 20TB pool with all my shares on this. If I attempt to copy TO the pool from my eSATA disk then everything is OK. However if I attempt to copy FROM the pool to the eSATA disk (large BluRay iso's) the server BSOD with NTFS.sys errors.

The external disk is OK, checked it on a different PC. I have also attempted to connect it to my WHS via the USB 2 port instead of its eSATA port and it still crashes. SFC /SCANNOW shows no errors with the system.

Also, any news when VSS will be added so the WHS 2011 server backup can work.

Thanks,

John Paton

WHS 2011 with 8GB Ram, i5 3.00Ghz with 24TB HDD capacity (20TB in a pool), LSI SATA/SAS Card (with IT Firmware, not RAID), DriveBender for WHS Beta v1.3.7.5

Is there a way to see SMART data when Classic skin is used ?

According to me, it'll be helpful to add a column with the HD SN in the hard drive list tab.

Christophe

Yes this will be available in the next update

Hi,

I am having a problem with this Beta on my WHS 2011. I have a small 20TB pool with all my shares on this. If I attempt to copy TO the pool from my eSATA disk then everything is OK. However if I attempt to copy FROM the pool to the eSATA disk (large BluRay iso's) the server BSOD with NTFS.sys errors.

The external disk is OK, checked it on a different PC. I have also attempted to connect it to my WHS via the USB 2 port instead of its eSATA port and it still crashes. SFC /SCANNOW shows no errors with the system.

Also, any news when VSS will be added so the WHS 2011 server backup can work.

Thanks,

John Paton

WHS 2011 with 8GB Ram, i5 3.00Ghz with 24TB HDD capacity (20TB in a pool), LSI SATA/SAS Card (with IT Firmware, not RAID), DriveBender for WHS Beta v1.3.7.5

Can you please send the latest minidump file (located in C:\Windows\Minidump) to support?

VSS is in the works and is currently set to come in v1.5