Division-M Community

I've just installed drivebender, added 4 hard drives under drive nodes then created the mount point (Z:)

I can see Z: it shows roughly the correct the info (400gb free, 6.95TB used) but when I open the drive point I see nothing in there.

I've just left it as if for the last hour or so, do I need to restart for the data to show?

update: After much stuff around and errors it finally let me uninstall driver bender, reinstalled and now I can't create a mount a mount point. Doesn't show any errors and says its sucessful but nothing shows.

update #2: Reinstalled windows 7, updated. Installed drive bender again and this time it worked for about 5 minutes, said to restart which killed my bootmgr. Fixed that and now I keep getting the USB plugged in/ out sound and STILL no pooled drives.

Starting to wondering if this program even works under windows 7, or if I have just wasted $40 and a lovely saturday afternoon

Have you checked the drive bender logs?

I couldn't access the logs since the whole system would die once I had pooled the drives.

4th times a charm, currently has my drives pooled and it appears to be working now (Apart from my file structure being a complete mess now because of the past install attempts)

Ended up wiping my SSD boot drive, disconnecting all my other drives and installing windows / drivebender. restart and replug in the drives then added an old 200gb ide drive to make the inital pool then added my other drives into. When it was all good removed the 200gb from the pool and rebooted.

Appears to be stable, but write speeds are alittle bad (15-30mb/s down from 50-60mb/s)

i'm also  having a problem with adding drives to the pool. I seem to have added the drives fine, but lost all the data that was on them.

i didn't select "format drive" or do anything other than add drives to the pool. Pretty annoyed with this add in. Seemed intuitive enough, but I can't believe I'm going to have to re-copy hundreds of gigs of files to the server again.

I don't see any files in the mounted share, but it is showing that about half the space is being used (which would be about right). am I just not waiting long enough for the files to be recognized again?

any suggestions? would rebuilding the pool be worth trying? i read in another post that removing/deleting a mount could result in data lose. 

thanks for any advice.

i'm also  having a problem with adding drives to the pool. I seem to have added the drives fine, but lost all the data that was on them.

i didn't select "format drive" or do anything other than add drives to the pool. Pretty annoyed with this add in. Seemed intuitive enough, but I can't believe I'm going to have to re-copy hundreds of gigs of files to the server again.

I don't see any files in the mounted share, but it is showing that about half the space is being used (which would be about right). am I just not waiting long enough for the files to be recognized again?

any suggestions? would rebuilding the pool be worth trying? i read in another post that removing/deleting a mount could result in data lose. 

thanks for any advice.

remove from pool, the merge back in again