Division-M Community

Beta v3.9.3.0

Anthony

Release v3.9.3.0 beta (2021/11/1)
[u] Architecture change from beta v3.9.2.0 (beta removed)
[u] Windows 11 compatibility
[u] Drive Bender core updated with a number of rewrites
[n] Added new "File placement" options to drive nodes, including "Landing zone", "Primary files", "Duplicate files", "Custom target folders" and "Target not preferred".
[b] Memory leak of the server when the Drive Bender Manager is running for extended periods.
[b] When removing a drive, pool size change error fires. 

Download here

In Anthony's post it states;

"[b] Memory leak of the server when the Drive Bender Manager is running for extended periods."

This would tell me that this memory leak was identified and corrected. Is there another memory leak that you are referencing?

3 hours ago, Electron707 said:

Not sure if its only me; post the update/reboot for beta version it could not connect to the "Localhost:9885" and the pool was not restored. Downgraded back to v3.7 and all is fine now (still at Windows10). Unless version is specific to Windows11 only?

Have you tried a second reboot.  It took me two reboots to get my pool to appear in Windows Explorer but I got a 'folders missing' in the Server Folder and Hard Drives part of the WHS Dashboard and couldn't reconnect to them despite pointing the task to them.

The pool was also missing in the 'Hard Drives' tab as well.

On 11/8/2021 at 3:29 PM, kiwimtnbkr said:

Have you tried a second reboot.  It took me two reboots to get my pool to appear in Windows Explorer but I got a 'folders missing' in the Server Folder and Hard Drives part of the WHS Dashboard and couldn't reconnect to them despite pointing the task to them.

The pool was also missing in the 'Hard Drives' tab as well.

I tried today of installing the Beta again but same situation; restarted a number of times to ensure giving it enough opportunity still nothing. I observed one thing that the "Drive Bender" service was not running, even though it was set to Automatic. I started it manually but nothing and after 30sec or so it was Off again. Finally reverted back to 3.7 and all back to normal. So seems will be waiting for either the next sub-release of the beta to test. Any other suggestion happy to give it a go.

On 11/9/2021 at 9:48 PM, Electron707 said:

I tried today of installing the Beta again but same situation; restarted a number of times to ensure giving it enough opportunity still nothing. I observed one thing that the "Drive Bender" service was not running, even though it was set to Automatic. I started it manually but nothing and after 30sec or so it was Off again. Finally reverted back to 3.7 and all back to normal. So seems will be waiting for either the next sub-release of the beta to test. Any other suggestion happy to give it a go.

Yes, please open a support ticket. 

On 11/7/2021 at 7:01 PM, Electron707 said:

Not sure if its only me; post the update/reboot for beta version it could not connect to the "Localhost:9885" and the pool was not restored. Downgraded back to v3.7 and all is fine now (still at Windows10). Unless version is specific to Windows11 only?

I am on a backup box which was running W10 and Drive Bender V3.7. I upgraded to W11 and drive Bender v3.9.3.0 and can't get past the "could not connect to the Localhost:9885" The service is running and as another suggested I have done a few reboots :(

33 minutes ago, bakerbwb said:

I am on a backup box which was running W10 and Drive Bender V3.7. I upgraded to W11 and drive Bender v3.9.3.0 and can't get past the "could not connect to the Localhost:9885" The service is running and as another suggested I have done a few reboots :(

I'd suggest opening a Support Ticket, as your experience may be useful for the next beta. 

1 minute ago, Dan M said:

This beta doesn't work with WSL on Windows 11.  Whenever I try to access the pool with (/mnt/m for example) Ubuntu on Win 11, the system crashes hard with a Memory Error and reboots.

I'd suggest opening a Support Ticket, as your experience may be useful for the next beta.