Division-M Community

No files showing on drives from Home Server v1

When I added the drives from my original home server the the drive bender pool it says there is used space on the drives, but there are no files when I look at the drives. The home server has been running for a few hours now because I was hoping it was trying to index all the files, but still nothing showed up except for a folder named "System Volume Information". It shows the exact same free space on the drives as my old server, but there are no files showing up on the drives. Any help is appreciated.

when I remove the drives from the pool, they do not show back up in windows explorer or wherever I browse for them.

they do show up in the device manager, though. i really wish I hadn't allowed any renaming of my drives. think that was a mistake.

i'm uninstalling and reinstalling DriveBender, but I hope I can get my system to rediscover my drives without having to reformat them and start from scratch.

when I remove the drives from the pool, they do not show back up in windows explorer or wherever I browse for them.

they do show up in the device manager, though. i really wish I hadn't allowed any renaming of my drives. think that was a mistake.

i'm uninstalling and reinstalling DriveBender, but I hope I can get my system to rediscover my drives without having to reformat them and start from scratch.

Go into Disk Management in the server manager and you can assign drive letters to the individual drives. See if you can read the files on the drives before you add them to the pool.

Go into Disk Management in the server manager and you can assign drive letters to the individual drives. See if you can read the files on the drives before you add them to the pool.

Dilligaf - This worked to get the computer to see the drives again, thanks. 

I think I did more damage to the files, however, when I uninstalled DB. After adding the drive letters back to the DB1, DB2 and DB3 drives, they all had the same files on them. It was if DB1 had been mirrored to the other two drives. They each lost what was originally on them.

I believe deleting the temp files that DB created is the problem. Obviously I screwed up some directory or file that told the computer how to read the merged drives or their individual indexes.

Fortunately they were just media drives on the server and I have everything on other machines. Ultimately decided uninstall DB,  reformat the 3 drives that I wanted to pool, reinstall DB, then pool the drives and lastly move the files back to the pooled drives.

everything working fine so far. still need to figure out why I cant write to the pooled, mapped drive from other computers on my network. but thats just a sharing issue, not a DB issue.