Division-M Community
Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

Beta v1.4.1.5

Release v1.4.1.5 beta (2012-11-22)

- Bug fix: Memory leaks in DriveBender.dll library.

- Bug fix: Worker thread manage can assign to worker tasks to the same thread, resulting in the thread becoming deadlocked.

- Bug fix: The "Getting started" wizard could crash if attempting to create a pooled drive when there is no top level pool object present.

- Bug fix: There can be instances where duplication scanning can enter the mount recycle bin.

- Bug fix: The Windows 7 theme's icons for setting and notification where not very visible.

- Bug fix: Some minor changes to the main windows default start up position.

- Bug fix: The duplication tools status line would disappear if it was longer than the available space.

- Update: Some interface additions and tweaks.

- Update: A number of duplication windows updates.

All beta versions can be downloaded from here.

If you have any beta specific comments, post them in this forum.

IMPORTANT - This version uses a new generation of the Drive Bender drivers. When rebooting for the first time after upgrading, the pool mount points may take a few minutes to come up.

Installed beta (Windows 7), and mountpoint is taking ages to mount.

Checked the logs, and getting:

[Mount X:\] - Unable to complete initialization, going to retry in a few secs...

Finally came up after about 5 minutes !!

Odd, my pool came right up. Did you install the 1412 beta? It did take a long time for my pool to come up on that one! Did you notice your settings icons? Quite visible now.

On the memory thing... I'm at 37.8 MB, a great improvement. I'll keep a eye on it and see where it goes (hopefully nowhere).

I believe skipping 1412 could be it. Seems like I read that it had a new driver and the startup could take minutes while it did some behind the scenes stuff. If you skipped 1412 you probably got the new driver that takes a while on its first bring up in the 1415 beta.

EDIT: Found it... It's on the beta download page. Its in bold at the bottom of the list of fixes / updates in the release.

IMPORTANT - This version uses a new generation of the Drive Bender drivers. When rebooting for the first time after upgrading, the pool mount points may take a few minutes to come up.

Installed beta (Windows 7), and mountpoint is taking ages to mount.

Checked the logs, and getting:

[Mount X:\] - Unable to complete initialization, going to retry in a few secs...

Finally came up after about 5 minutes !!

This is only on the first reboot... from here on out it will be back to normal.

No, I missed the v1.4.1.2 beta. Is that why?

Yes

Installed over 1.4.0.1 - took easily 20 minutes + reboot + another 20 minutes before pool showed up. Shows SMART info on all pool drives, including those on eSata Silicon Image 3132 controller.

Don't know if I'm the only one getting this, but since I've installed the 1.4.1.5 beta I've had drive bender occasionally lock up (this USUALLY results in me having to restart). I had enabled logging and tracing in an attempt to see if there was something I could fix, but the restart apparently corrupted the last log every time, leaving me without anything to go on. Last night though, I left the drive bender console open, and task manager on the 'details' tab just in case. Sure enough, this morning it had locked up again: so I opened up the log console via the console, and nothing was showing up. Apparently it wasn't sending logs. I tried to open up the saved logs, but it was trying to see info on the mount point, and so locked up the log console too. So, I used task manager to manually kill the drive bender service, and then restarted it. This fixed the lockups (though it killed a fair few programs with it that were all apparently waiting on drive bender to respond), and looked at the old logs: this time they weren't corrupted, but every single log (Before the restart) was filled with the same line.

[TReadCache - Buffer id: {D3BE7129-01A0-45C8-B37A-4DA2A34E98C9}] - File read in frame. Requested position: 781873908 for length: 2631. Frame/Direct ratio: 10

It seems it was cycling them though sadly, so I missed the logs when it actually locked up. Any idea what to do to try and fix this? From Cache I'm going to disable smooth streaming to see if that resolves it (it usually takes about a day for it to cause issues though, so any ideas in the meantime would be nice.)

Hello

I have DB on Win8Pro using 1.4.0.1

What is the advantage the "VHyperDrive" brings with it?

The release notes say it's for Win8... What does it fix vs the 1.4.0.1 ?

Thanks !

This is the next generation of the driver we use to power DB, and the foundation of the many enhanced to come  ;)

Don't know if I'm the only one getting this, but since I've installed the 1.4.1.5 beta I've had drive bender occasionally lock up (this USUALLY results in me having to restart). I had enabled logging and tracing in an attempt to see if there was something I could fix, but the restart apparently corrupted the last log every time, leaving me without anything to go on. Last night though, I left the drive bender console open, and task manager on the 'details' tab just in case. Sure enough, this morning it had locked up again: so I opened up the log console via the console, and nothing was showing up. Apparently it wasn't sending logs. I tried to open up the saved logs, but it was trying to see info on the mount point, and so locked up the log console too. So, I used task manager to manually kill the drive bender service, and then restarted it. This fixed the lockups (though it killed a fair few programs with it that were all apparently waiting on drive bender to respond), and looked at the old logs: this time they weren't corrupted, but every single log (Before the restart) was filled with the same line.

[TReadCache - Buffer id: {D3BE7129-01A0-45C8-B37A-4DA2A34E98C9}] - File read in frame. Requested position: 781873908 for length: 2631. Frame/Direct ratio: 10

It seems it was cycling them though sadly, so I missed the logs when it actually locked up. Any idea what to do to try and fix this? From Cache I'm going to disable smooth streaming to see if that resolves it (it usually takes about a day for it to cause issues though, so any ideas in the meantime would be nice.)

Interesting (thanks for the info), I will make sure this gets looked at.

Well , i tried again to install V1.4.1.5 over the 1.4.0.1 and be patient...During more than a hour.

I obtain tne message : "Unable to complete initialization, going to retry in a few secs... every 15 minutes.

I've got no HD activity and no mount point.

Is the size of the pool important in the time processing ? I've got a 2,45 To pool ?

Well , i tried again to install V1.4.1.5 over the 1.4.0.1 and be patient...During more than a hour.

I obtain tne message : "Unable to complete initialization, going to retry in a few secs... every 15 minutes.

I've got no HD activity and no mount point.

Is the size of the pool important in the time processing ? I've got a 2,45 To pool ?

This should take no more than 5 minutes... 10 max

If any longer, try a reboot.

Does this version bring with it the Windows 8 / Server 2012 media files metadata issue fix?

Yes!

Where there any changes in the above log line at all? The continues "Frame/Direct ratio: 10" line is very odd.

Do you still have these logs, if so could you send them to support?

I finally get a 1.4.1.5 working.

But not from an 1.4.0.1 upgrade.

Just uninstalled completely Ver 1.4.0.1 (with manual registry clean) make a new pool from scratch with the 1.4.1.5 Ver.

I had to reboot once to obtain a fully functionnaly pool.

Now, it works.

Where there any changes in the above log line at all? The continues "Frame/Direct ratio: 10" line is very odd.

Do you still have these logs, if so could you send them to support?

Sadly no, due to the cycling. But I thought the same thing, and they didn't change at all, and they were coming in so fast the 5-6 log files (since they break up into multiples after a so many messages) would only cover a few minutes each. Indeed, if I recall the total time taken for all of them as as small as 10-15 minutes. I can however try and re-enable smooth streaming: This would basically verify that enabling it causes the issue again, and if so, I could make sure to archive the logs.

I was also backing up my OS drive with CrashPlan, so that may have logs: But, it's synchronizing right now, so I'll have to see after that's done. (That's one other thing I have noticed is much slower since my migration to Drive Bender actually: But then, I'm also using RoboCopy to try and move my development folder to my OS drive (an ssd), so that might be hammering it pretty hard as well)

Update:

Crashplan finally finished, and I managed to grab some logs (From one of the earlier crashes, only the last log was corrupt) and compress them for you. For some stats, it does in fact repeat the same line over and over and over again, and so the 3 included log files, while taking up 300 megabytes of space uncompressed, are compressed to just over 1.5 megabytes with 7zip. Each one is around 100 megabytes each, and is approximately 14 seconds of recording (Seems I was VASTLY misreading the timestamps for some reason). So, here's 42 seconds of logs. http://filedump.sharose.info/ExampleLogs.7z

Don't think they'll be much help though  :-\