Division-M Community
Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

RC2 v1.4.2.5

Release v1.4.2.5 rc2 (2012-12-05)

- Bug fix: During a pool initialization or pool restore, Drive Bender can hang on Windows 8, Server 2012.

- Bug fix: On Windows 8 / Server 2012 (can also apply to older O/S's), Windows can throw recycle bin corrupt error messages (cause by permissions issues).

- Update: When creating a drive letter mount point, the default "drive" permissions are now set to "Everyone". This is to prevent some users experiencing the message "You need permission to perform this action".

- Update: Some interface additions and tweaks.

All beta versions can be downloaded from here.

If you have any beta specific comments, post them in this forum.

So far, so good. Installed and came up fine on my WHS 2011 box. Been up for over 24 hours now. Client PC backups successfully completed. Squeezebox music streaming from pool working fine. Memory holding at 38.7MB.

So far, so good. Installed and came up fine on my WHS 2011 box. Been up for over 24 hours now. Client PC backups successfully completed. Squeezebox music streaming from pool working fine. Memory holding at 38.7MB.

Excellent... we are looking at releasing this over the next couple of days :)

Thinking that new duplication features were incorporated (more than two copies) i hve installed this beta from 1.4.0.0 version.

Since then all my client backups went bananas (backup status unknown, critical error on dashboard) repairing process takes forever.

edit:.

after several restarts and client backup database repair failures, i am reverting to 1.4.0.1

Well, it's been 2 days on RC2 and I haven't had that odd lock up issue. Of note, it did happen on RC1, but by then RC2 was out so I didn't bother posting. I did find some more information though. On RC1, I had checked and when it was freaking out, one drive had very high read and another had high write. Other than those two drives, there was no disk activity. It seems it was trying to do balancing. So, when I installed RC2, I changed balancing to to Every day after midnight (I had it left on aggressive from previously, when I 'was' doing a lot of deletes), and thus far no issues. I checked the logs and they were the same as previous, however. Oh, and one other thing to note: When it's locked up, the TCP logger isn't operational, it only writes to the logs on disk.

All right, I finally managed to see it lock up. This time it wasn't AS noticeable: IRC was still running (usually it was locked up), but I noticed that I couldn't access the drive. I suddenly thought to try disabling smooth streaming while it was locked up, and suddenly everything was fine. I checked the logs, and sure enough after the "[TReadCache - Buffer id: {67247629-D9FE-4F1A-8596-0BDBD6084C01}] - File read in frame. Requested position: 1868101661 for length: 15026. Frame/Direct ratio: 10" spam, it said the read cache was disabled for the 4 drives in the pool, and then there were regular reads and requests. It's very odd still in any case. I can provide the logs once again (Though this time since they have reads and such it 'does' contain some personal information), so let me know how to best give them to you (ticket / PM / email etc).

All right, I finally managed to see it lock up. This time it wasn't AS noticeable: IRC was still running (usually it was locked up), but I noticed that I couldn't access the drive. I suddenly thought to try disabling smooth streaming while it was locked up, and suddenly everything was fine. I checked the logs, and sure enough after the "[TReadCache - Buffer id: {67247629-D9FE-4F1A-8596-0BDBD6084C01}] - File read in frame. Requested position: 1868101661 for length: 15026. Frame/Direct ratio: 10" spam, it said the read cache was disabled for the 4 drives in the pool, and then there were regular reads and requests. It's very odd still in any case. I can provide the logs once again (Though this time since they have reads and such it 'does' contain some personal information), so let me know how to best give them to you (ticket / PM / email etc).

Thanks for the info... I will head back and take another look at the code. Re: the logs, if you could send them to support that would be helpful.