Division-M Community
Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

RC1 v1.4.7.8

Release v1.4.7.8 rc1 (2013-02-18)

- Update: Improved the file deleting speed for folders will a large number of files.

- Update: The file handling performance has been dramatically improved.

- Bug fix: Manually activation can fail with an error.

- Update: S.M.A.R.T. drive detection has been improved.

- Update: S.M.A.R.T. monitoring ignores drives that are in a powered down mode.

- Update: Email notifications are now limited in the number that can be sent is a given period.

All beta versions can be downloaded from here.

- Update: Email notifications are now limited in the number that can be sent is a given period.

Have there been people reporting too many ??

I haven't had a single one since activation :)

Would it be possible for an optional "It's all OK" type of email on a daily basis once normal routines have completed ??

Installing new BETA now.

Have there been people reporting too many ??

I haven't had a single one since activation :)

Would it be possible for an optional "It's all OK" type of email on a daily basis once normal routines have completed ??

Installing new BETA now.

All this means is that is if there is some rare event that triggers a lot of notifications, they are limited in the number that can be sent in a given time... no more that 20 in 30 minutes.

In both two versions of beta - the Drives Dashboard comes up empty... has anyone encountered this? I went back to the official release and it comes up showing all the drives.

Tomer.

Could you please contact support (http://support.drivebender.com), this is something we need to look at ASAP.

No idea why but the last 3 beta's have failed to upgrade correctly. The first two I had to do the un-install/re-install process but the last one I noticed that the "Server" process wasn't running after the reboot. As soon as I started the process the mount point appeared and everything was fine ....

The only thing I do that may be different (possibly?) is that instead of getting Drivebender to close down the program on install I always elect to install and reboot instead.

Everything seems to be working ok though, although I've not done any performance tests on file scanning etc. yet.

No idea why but the last 3 beta's have failed to upgrade correctly. The first two I had to do the un-install/re-install process but the last one I noticed that the "Server" process wasn't running after the reboot. As soon as I started the process the mount point appeared and everything was fine ....

The only thing I do that may be different (possibly?) is that instead of getting Drivebender to close down the program on install I always elect to install and reboot instead.

Everything seems to be working ok though, although I've not done any performance tests on file scanning etc. yet.

Could you check the DB folder for an "elf" file, if there (and not an old file) can you please send to support?

I do as well.

If I answer no to reboot, the mount is always there though.

Hey, i got big problems with my mount points. For some reason driverbender seems not to upgrade correctly, so that after the upgrade my mountpoints aren't mounted or drive bender doesn't work.

After deinstalling drivebender and reinstalling the newest version it does work again, but its a lot of work.

I tested it on different PCs and it seems to be same on Windows 8 and Windows 7.

If 'upgrade' doesn't work right, why don't you guys deinstall it automatically and then reinstall it? VLC does that too.

I got a lot of problems with the latest versions of drive bender, for my working machine i reverted back to 1.4.6.0 this seems to be working just fine.

Had a major problem updating from 1.4.7.5 to 1.4.7.8 RC1 on my WHS2011 machine.

After updating and rebooting all drivebender drives were gone. Did the usual shutdown computer, wait then reboot. Still no drives and this time the server was running slooow. Decided to uninstall from Programs and Features but used repair installation instead. Reboot and after what seemed like forever the drives are back.

All is good now, pools recognized in dashboard. No files lost

No change for me on the missing SMART data over 1.4.7.7

Is there any logs etc you need (or more info from the full version of HDS)?

Can you contact me via support, I have a test for you to run?

Had a major problem updating from 1.4.7.5 to 1.4.7.8 RC1 on my WHS2011 machine.

After updating and rebooting all drivebender drives were gone. Did the usual shutdown computer, wait then reboot. Still no drives and this time the server was running slooow. Decided to uninstall from Programs and Features but used repair installation instead. Reboot and after what seemed like forever the drives are back.

All is good now, pools recognized in dashboard. No files lost

Can you please forward all your log files to http://support.drivebender.com. The Drive Bender logs are located in the Drive Bender folder "C:\Program Files\Division-M\Drive Bender" (note on x64 machines this is NOT "Programs File (x86)"). The file names are "db-StartupLog.sil" and "db-xxxx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx.sil" (where all the xx's are the date). Can you please reply with all log attached in a zip file.

O.K. Here's a problem I've been dealing with Lately. I've got 3 pools setup in the following:

Pool 1 - (16) 3TB Drives - (Main Movies Pool) (Duplicated)

Pool 2 - (5) 3TB Drives - (Main Misc. Pool) (Not-Duplicated)

Pool 3 - (2) 3TB Drives - (New Movies Pool) (Not-Duplicated)

I've always copied new movies (ISO Format) to Pool 3 and then moved or copied to Pool 1 after I've watched them. For the last couple of weeks I've noticed that when copying files to Pool 1 I get a pause when copying several folders. The Pause is always when it starts to copy the next folder. The pause can last anywhere fro 30 sec. to 1 min. between folders. I Believe this started about the time I upgraded to V1.4.7.7 and continues with V1.4.7.8. Anyone else have the same problem? Does not happen when I copy from or to a drive outside the pools. Drives all show 100% Healthy in HDS.

Problem 2: DB does not show Smart data for any of my drives in the latest Betas but HDS does. All Drives are Seagate 3TB on Multiple IBM M1015's flashed with LSI 9211 IT Bios.

O.K. Here's a problem I've been dealing with Lately. I've got 3 pools setup in the following:

Pool 1 - (16) 3TB Drives - (Main Movies Pool) (Duplicated)

Pool 2 - (5) 3TB Drives - (Main Misc. Pool) (Not-Duplicated)

Pool 3 - (2) 3TB Drives - (New Movies Pool) (Not-Duplicated)

I've always copied new movies (ISO Format) to Pool 3 and then moved or copied to Pool 1 after I've watched them. For the last couple of weeks I've noticed that when copying files to Pool 1 I get a pause when copying several folders. The Pause is always when it starts to copy the next folder. The pause can last anywhere fro 30 sec. to 1 min. between folders. I Believe this started about the time I upgraded to V1.4.7.7 and continues with V1.4.7.8. Anyone else have the same problem? Does not happen when I copy from or to a drive outside the pools. Drives all show 100% Healthy in HDS.

Problem 2: DB does not show Smart data for any of my drives in the latest Betas but HDS does. All Drives are Seagate 3TB on Multiple IBM M1015's flashed with LSI 9211 IT Bios.

This may be the SMART feature... we have seen on some machines with certain SATA controllers (JMicron for example) a pause when SMART is initializing. For a starters try turning SMART off (under setting, notifications, uncheck SMART notications). See if this helps.