Division-M Community
Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

RC2 v1.4.7.9

Release v1.4.7.9 rc2 (2013-02-28)

- Bug fix: A change in how file security was checked in v1.4.7.8 could cause a file save operation to fail and report an error.

- Bug fix: File case preservation now reported correctly.

All beta versions can be downloaded from here.

Anthony,

What is being done to avoid the problem with the delay in the smart data retrieval due to jmicron chips? For the full version of the his, and this takes 5 minutes for me.

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I have installed and verified that this release fixes the problem I reported.  Ticket 4527 can be closed.  :)

Could you tell us what problem that was? Thanks.

The problem was being unable to save certain file types (I reported .xls, and later .jpg) to a duplicated folder.  I believe the resolution had to do with security validation by DB.

What is the recommended way to upgrade from RC1 v1.4.7.8 to this version?  (Note: I am a new user and have not done a DB upgrade before)

Looking at the thread for RC1, it seems that there is an "upgrade" option on the install, but several users seemed to have problems with it.  Are they the exceptions or is uninstall/reinstall more reliable at this stage in DB's development?  If it is, is there a way to export/import my settings or would I have to go through and set up everything again?  Would I need to "release" my license prior to starting the uninstall/reinstall process?

Thanks!

Hi FlyingShawn.

Just install latest version over the top of what you have installed.

If your mountpoint does not start after re-booting, you may have to uninstall/reboot/reinstall just this once.

Any problems/questions, let us know.

Anthony,

What is being done to avoid the problem with the delay in the smart data retrieval due to jmicron chips? For the full version of the his, and this takes 5 minutes for me.

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I'm working with the devs over at HDS to find a solution before we release the next version (hence the hold up).

Hi FlyingShawn.

Just install latest version over the top of what you have installed.

If your mountpoint does not start after re-booting, you may have to uninstall/reboot/reinstall just this once.

Any problems/questions, let us know.

The whole uninstall/reboot/reinstall is sorted for v1479

I'm working with the devs over at HDS to find a solution before we release the next version (hence the hold up).

Glad to hear you are working this issue. My issue working with the developer was that he was unable to get one of the Sans digital TR4UTPBN enclosure, which are popular in the USA and know to have these delay issues, delivered to his home country. Also, he is using some king of pre-canned solution from jmicron to query the smart data from the enclosure, so his ability to fiddle with the underlying code is limited. The last I heard was an idea to let the query run in the background because currently it freezes the whole HD Sentinel GUI for the query period.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a solution.

I just installed this beta, I then installed a new drive and added it to the pool, then while going through "Drives dashboard" I wasn't sure if the new drive was added correctly so I was looking through the drives and I came across a drive which had the "Add to pool" button next to it, so without thinkingI clicked on it. It turns out that this was the Pool Drive "E". After a bit it error'ed out so I think i got lucky. I checked all my files and they were fine. Is the Pool drive supposed to have the option to add itself to itself?

I was asked to install this beta on my WS2012E server to resolve duplication errors on my Client Backup Folder, and upon doing so I have nothing but problems. After restarting, pools were there but access was slow. There were also lots of server health errors. Uninstalled and reinstalled DB then the client backup service was still not running and had to be started manually. I then started a client backup and so far it has errored out twice. Now trying again with SMART disabled.

This will likely be an urgent ticket submit within the next hour.

This beta is cr*p, hopefully I can go back to 1.4.7.5 without putting my entire data at risk.

(I apologize for strong language but as you can imagine, I am really upset right now.)

Update: I disabled SMART and the backup completed. However, running health monitor again, it still showed errors with duplication of the Client Backup Folder. I will submit the debug logs to customer support.

I have to say, the HDS smart engine of the full version has not been working too well for me, and it seems the troubles now also affect DB.

You are right not to release the next full version until the HDS issues are resolved.

Update: I disabled SMART and the backup completed. However, running health monitor again, it still showed errors with duplication of the Client Backup Folder. I will submit the debug logs to customer support.

I have to say, the HDS smart engine of the full version has not been working too well for me, and it seems the troubles now also affect DB.

You are right not to release the next full version until the HDS issues are resolved.

We have sorted the hang issue... this was actually a DB bug and nothing to do with HDS.

We have sorted the hang issue... this was actually a DB bug and nothing to do with HDS.

Glad this one is fixed, will install the new release tonight. Hope now we can also fix the Client Backup Folder duplication issue.

Thanks a bunch for your rapid responses!

Glad this one is fixed, will install the new release tonight. Hope now we can also fix the Client Backup Folder duplication issue.

Thanks a bunch for your rapid responses!

Well there is a text bug in 1.7 which is cause some SMART attributes to display as N/A... we are fixing this right now.

Regarding the duplication issue... looks like we are on top of that also.